Thread: DD MFR 12.0 - Rail Sections

Feedback Score

DD MFR 12.0 - Rail Sections

Mornin...

So, I hear it ain't rocket surgery but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to move these things with the forearm installed.

?

How am I supposed to retain and replace the rear threaded inserts while moving the section to another slot???

I've searched this site, DD's site, etc etc
    Last edited by billybronco; 11-13-12 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billybronco View Post
    Mornin...

So, I hear it ain't rocket surgery but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to move these things with the forearm installed.

?

How am I supposed to retain and replace the rear threaded inserts while moving the section to another slot???

I've searched this site, DD's site, etc etc
    I used a chopstick to hold the backing plate in place. Or you could just take the entire rail off. Both take about 2 minutes to do.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    With the MFR rail sections, you don't have to completely remove the screws from the backers.
    Loosen the screws until the rail can slide back and forth in the slot. Slide it all the way to one end of the slot. The lip of the backing plate should drop out of the rail slot. Then you can slide the rail section in the opposite direction until the other backer comes out of the slot. It sounds way more confusing than it is. Installation is the reverse of the above process.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, sorry BC98 is correct. I was thinking about the IWC mount install which I replied to in another thread. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=115472

Feedback Score
    Ahhhhhhhhhh....

Thanks Gents!

Makes perfect sense.

Roger that