Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a tier 2 AR/M4 be improved to tier 1 ?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    *snipped*
    This is an excellent response.
    Thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    Its just easier to buy tier 1 the first time. You can only polish a turd so much.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yossarian42 View Post
    I have a stag with their "plus package" which upgrades the barrel steel to carpenter 158, 1/7 twist hp mp all that jazz. Basically brings it to the standards of "the chart." It's accurate, feels well made to me but I only have this rifle. I did shoot someone's RRA yesterday and it has a cheap feel to it. The buffer spring sounded way loud (not sure if that matters or why it is so loud compared to mine. Maybe a lighter buffer, semi carrier?) rails feel cheap etc.

I ordered a midlength bcm upper on election night. Hammer forged barrel. I didn't find this site until after I bought the stag which I thought I had researched fairly well. This site is the ONLY site that has negative views on the lower tier AR's but I know that's because this site is largely military and professional shooters.

When I buy something I don't like to cheap out, so had I known I'd have bought a bcm from the beginning. I'm going to use the stag lower until I eventually piece together a bcm lower. Then ill have two AR's. I'd rather have two than sell the stag.

Sent from my iPhone using Fapatalk
    This is my same experience. Live and learn I guess.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    Ok I started the "Do you like your Stag?" thread. Thank you for all of the replies. Now let me ask this. Can a AR/M4 that is not top tier be brought up to a good quality rifle? I was ignorant when I bought the Stag, hence the reason for the Spikes upper on a Stag lower. I personally dont care about the roll mark. The roll mark could be a streaming pile of horse manure for I care. But by replacing parts that arent mil spec with BCM or other quality parts can the rifle be brought up to a better more reliable level?

It will cost you more money to bring a tier 2 level gun up to spec, than just buying the tier 1 in the first place.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    since you've already bought the lower, I would buy a quality LPK to replace the original, BUT if this isn't your go to defense weapon I'd run the crap out of the original lower and get my money's worth out of it before replacing parts.
    Last edited by BudJr; 11-11-12 at 16:01.

Feedback Score
    What exactly is wrong with the rifle(s) that you have now? Do they satisfy your current needs / uses?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yes, it absolutely can be done.

Unfortunately, usually at a higher cost than simply selling the existing rifle and buying a Colt from scratch. I've done the former, twice, and I love those rifles, but the resale value on them is nowhere near what I put into them, so I've written off most of that sunk cost as the price of learning the whole buy once cry once rule.

When even eating the cost of reselling what you already have and paying MSRP puts you ahead, don't feel bad about it, that's just how it is. It doesn't cost a whole lot more to do the QC/QA to make a rifle top tier, but that kind of stuff adds up, and is why an RRA/Bushhampster/DPMS type rifle is only one or two bills cheaper than a top of the line one.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    What exactly is wrong with the rifle(s) that you have now? Do they satisfy your current needs / uses?
    To add to this, how many rounds have you shot thru the ST/Stag combo? Are you having any malfunctions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent thread on improving guns that may be sub-par:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    The Stag Lower and Spikes Upper works well. I already mentioned the Stag is older and unfired. I consider any gun I own to perform to defend my life and my families. That is why I have the concern about the Stag. Just a side note, and I mean no disrespect to anyone. This site has a great wealth of knowledge, that is a FACT, however some posters aren't very friendly to new guys that aren't as knowledgeable has so many are here. Maybe consider some of us are here to learn from those that have far more and extensive knowledge and experience than others. Dom

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast