Thread: Help 6.8 spc jamming and failure to feed

Feedback Score

Help 6.8 spc jamming and failure to feed

I'm new to the site and having an issue with my AR chambered in 6.8 spc. The ar is new, built from different brands and only been test fired with a few rounds through it. The problem i am having is when i charge the weapon it will jam if loading from the right side of the mag, if its loading from the left its fine. If i load from the left of the mag then cycle it the right side the right side round will jam most of the time.

The first thing i tried was a different mag and it's still doing the same thing. Second i polished the M4 ramps in hopes that would take care of it and it still is jamming.

Everything looks normal and aligned and functioning properly. The upper and lower are tight, the lower seems to be to spec with the mag release in the correct spot considering the left round feeds fine. What exactly is happening is the round get's cocked sideways before it can make it into the chamber all the way and the barrel digs into the side of the shell casing and the rear of the casing gets jammed half on the right side of the BCG.

Here is a list of parts, Aero Precision lower, Wilson Combat BCG, Wilson Combat Barrel, A.I.M. Upper, Stoner Mag.

I am going to attempt to attach some pics taken from my cell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feedback Score
    Try different brands of mags. I am using ASC, PRI, and just got a Barrett 30rd. Also check on 68forums.com, as they usually have up-to-date info on what mags work best, as well as info on modifying the feed lips for better performance.
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Feedback Score
    are the shell cases scratched or dinged?
    "Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A friend of mine is having the exact same issue with his 6.8Spc. I have been helping him research a fix for it. Just a quick search on the 68forums.com site showed a couple of other folks with the same issue.

The problem may be the ejector and roll pin which retains it in the bolt. Check those two items and make sure that the roll pin is undamaged. Also make sure that the ejector is oriented properly within the bolt.

The other issue is if the ejector is sticking past the bolt face itself, that will cause the case rim to hang up while chambering. This also causes the round to enter the chamber at an odd angle.

The fix for this will be to trim the ejector down just past the bolt face. They also suggest putting a chamfer on the bottom of the ejector to allow the case rim to slip over it easily.

I hope this helps. Please report back if it does / doesn't.

If you end up replacing the plunger and roll pin, they are the same standard parts for the AR15.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    Pm sent.
    Often Imitated-NEVER Duplicated
    Wilson Combat Online Representative
    m4carbine.net SITE SPONSOR
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slvr Surfr View Post

The other issue is if the ejector is sticking past the bolt face itself, that will cause the case rim to hang up while chambering. This also causes the round to enter the chamber at an odd angle.

The fix for this will be to trim the ejector down just past the bolt face. They also suggest putting a chamfer on the bottom of the ejector to allow the case rim to slip over it easily.
    It's most likely this.

Looks like WC is is on it and should take care of it.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62