Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DEL-TON

Feedback Score

DEL-TON

I was wondering if anyone knows anything or has any experience with any products from Del-Ton. I know that they are a newer company but I have never come across them or know anyone who has. A friend is in the process of building an AR and was asking a few questions. Thanks Guys

Feedback Score
    I haven't heard or read ANYTHING good about this company. Go with what is known...Colt BCM DD LMT Noveske et al. Why cry more than once? Just MHO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by damongernentz View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows anything or has any experience with any products from Del-Ton. I know that they are a newer company but I have never come across them or know anyone who has. A friend is in the process of building an AR and was asking a few questions. Thanks Guys
    Danger Will Robinson!! Danger!
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    I own a Del-ton and my advice is go with a Colt or other great known brands that duece suggested a Colt and Del-ton are almost the same price if you shop around talk to Grant he can sell you Colt for about what some Del-ton's cost. Mine is ok for plinking and thats about it. The ammo I have had the most problems with is anything steel cased. I have FTE and FTF with those. Brass cased ammo hasn't been a problem and my rifle is cleaned after I shoot it even if it's only 200 rounds.
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses guys. Like I said I was asking for a friend who was building an AR and found a deal on an upper with Magpul MOE handguards, pistol grip and buttstock, along with the lower parts kit. He was looking not to spend a whole lot and was only going to use it for occasional plinking and possibly the "Zombie Apocalypse". I personally recommended a few of the better known brands and manufacturers as I have dealt with them all and have over 20+ yrs with the AR platform (shooting, building etc.). Thanks again and I welcome any more comments from anyone with experience with these.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonRat View Post
    I own a Del-ton and my advice is go with a Colt or other great known brands that duece suggested a Colt and Del-ton are almost the same price if you shop around talk to Grant he can sell you Colt for about what some Del-ton's cost. Mine is ok for plinking and thats about it. The ammo I have had the most problems with is anything steel cased. I have FTE and FTF with those. Brass cased ammo hasn't been a problem and my rifle is cleaned after I shoot it even if it's only 200 rounds.
    Your rifle dosen't like steel case ammo not because it is low quality but because the steel case stuff is typically loaded to lower pressure than military or commercial brass case ammo. Some ARs tolerate this, some don't. It is related to the gas port, your rifle is marginally undergassed.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have done a lot of reading on this subject on various AR15 based webs forums. Some sites love delton and say that it is awesome. This site not so much. From what I gather in my reading, if you are looking for a range toy that will see maybe a hundred rounds once a month from a benchrest then a delton is not a bad way to go. If you are going to shoot thousands of rounds in multiple hard core training courses and then trust your life to the same gun the next day then get a Colt or better.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looks to me like the panic buying is in full swing! Buy a Colt or BCM soon while the prices are reasonable or you may have to settle with a $1000 Delton (not that they are priced at $1000 yet).
    Last edited by Guinnessman; 11-11-12 at 06:53.

Feedback Score
    People are free to spend their money as they choose, of course, but I don't really get the 'occasional plinker' logic anymore with this platform. For that purpose, there are a lot of other cool looking rifles that shoot .22LR. The guns are even cheaper than the 'lower tier' .223/5.56 pieces, and the ammo is WAY cheaper. They are still plenty of fun to shoot, too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Your rifle dosen't like steel case ammo not because it is low quality but because the steel case stuff is typically loaded to lower pressure than military or commercial brass case ammo. Some ARs tolerate this, some don't. It is related to the gas port, your rifle is marginally undergassed.
    Can you tell me how you think its the gas port. Del-ton says not to use it as it will void the warrenty. I asked them why in an email I sent them and didnt get a reply why.
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast