Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Flash hider for AK 7.62?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    thanks for the replies, does anyone know if the manticore affects accuracy at all? I can't watch the video atm since I don't have to plug in for it

Feedback Score
    I got to play around with both the NightShroud and the NightBrake:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...dTcB8FY#t=101s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZap...ailpage#t=282s

I wouldn't expect any accuracy issues with either muzzle attachment as they both locked up tight in the Arsenal I installed them on. POI shift? Probably.

I never did any extensive testing in terms of POI shift when moving from the 74 type comp and any of the aftermarket ones.

The design of the NightShroud are much more open than the 74. The ID of the NightShroud is much larger than the ID of the bore. I'll measure later. A guess would be ≈ 0.75"

The ID of the exit hole of the chamber of the type 74 as well as the ID of the end of the type 74 is smaller. The ID of the end of NightBrake is probably equal to that of the two holes in the type 74.

If your stock type 74 is loosey goosey on your current rifle, going to any muzzle attachment that locks up solid will help. Who knows how much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have the 26mm on my Yugo; no change in POI.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Another vote for the MI.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    sorry, but by MI are you referring to Midwest Indistries?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I just found this http://www.surefire.com/sf3p-762-m24...ash-hider.html does anyone have any experience with it? I tried googling any info but found nothing.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    sorry, but by MI are you referring to Midwest Indistries?
    yes.......
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I just found this http://www.surefire.com/sf3p-762-m24...ash-hider.html does anyone have any experience with it? I tried googling any info but found nothing.
    Damn, those must have just come out. Nice find, I'll have to pick one up that way I have an excuse to finally get a can to fit my Kalashnikovs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    yes.......
    Sorry I was confused as I posted earlier that I needed 24x1.5 and those are 14x1.5 if I'm not mistaken

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Damn, those must have just come out. Nice find, I'll have to pick one up that way I have an excuse to finally get a can to fit my Kalashnikovs.
    And yeah, I have always heard good things about Surefire but I was surprised these weren't mentioned so I assume they're new. Problem with the manticore is that I think it's too short. I need something that is about the same length as the 74 style muzzle breaks, and the Surefire is 3.82 inches which sounds about right.
    Last edited by w3453l; 11-21-12 at 21:17.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast