Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory Detent Pins?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I may be wrong about this, but I remember some batches of those lowers being out of spec and they were being sold off at gun shows.

I also don't remember detent pins being different. They were designed so that one could insert them either way. Maybe I am getting Alzheimer's in my old age.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I may be wrong about this, but I remember some batches of those lowers being out of spec and they were being sold off at gun shows.

I also don't remember detent pins being different. They were designed so that one could insert them either way. Maybe I am getting Alzheimer's in my old age.
    No.
    You are absolutely correct.

I wouldn't be so worried about the takedown and pivot pin detents as much as I would be about the FCG holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last night I pulled a takedown detent out of the last lower I built with a PSA kit, flipped it, and put it back together. No difference in function, so IMHO I wouldn't worry about that. And those takedown pins are really tight too.

Do you have another rifle you could swap the fire control group with to see which component is causing the problem via process of elimination?

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I've put in two PSA LPKs, never paid attention to the orientation of the detent pins. Takedown and pivots on both work just fine, with no more or less noticeable difference in tension than either of my factory assembled Colts. I suppose I could have scored a perfectly lucky 4/4 in putting them 'round end out,' but it's more likely that it's just not that critical.

Feedback Score
    You're supposed to intall the safety selector first, then with the selector set to fire, install the FCG.
    Last edited by jb1911; 11-17-12 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
    You're supposed to intall the safety selector first, then with the selector set to fire, install the FCG.
    Not according to the TM-05538C-23&P/2
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    Not according to the TM-05538C-23&P/2
    Admit it, my way is better.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We are all very impressed, I'm sure.

All bullshit aside...
    This is not the board to sling misinformation.

If that order of assembly works for you, fine.
    But speaking in absolutes, telling the OP he is "supposed" to do it a certain way, when in fact depot level armorer's technical manuals state otherwise.

Sometimes you think you know something, other times you KNOW you know something.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
    Admit it, my way is better.
    Your way is really a crap shoot. The reason is because of tolerance staking. Some triggers will NOT fit into the lower with the selector in place.

If using GI FCG, I typically drop the trigger in and then install the selector. Then put in the trigger pin, hammer and hammer pin.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Your way is really a crap shoot. The reason is because of tolerance staking. Some triggers will NOT fit into the lower with the selector in place.

If using GI FCG, I typically drop the trigger in and then install the selector. Then put in the trigger pin, hammer and hammer pin.

C4
    The reason some triggers will not fit into the lower with the selector in place is because the cut out in the lower for the trigger is not long enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast