Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New build, still a ways to go

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Another vote for an aimpoint. Pro, or a comp series. Nice build though!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the heat sink in the proper position. I went ahead and loosened the handguard up again and tightened it down doing the rear screw first. I went a LOT tighter than I had before. I think that my problem was it wasn't tight enough. Thanks for the replies guys.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    86K5 nice rifle! I am currently work on my first build as well. I might start thread of my first build.

Feedback Score
    Good looking gun. Forgot to mention that before.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just ordered 150 rounds of Black Hills 77gr match ammo with the gift cards my guys at work bought for me. BUT.... here's the dilemma. While I love this upper so far, a buddy of mine who I sold my second build to was thinking about selling the upper from that gun and trying to get a more "precision" upper. That upper I built with A DD CHF 1/7 16" bbl, BCM BCG, F marked front sight and a DD A1.5 rear, Magpul MOE handguard. I really loved that gun. Should I try and trade him or should I run with this? I don't think there is much difference between the 1/7 vs 1/8. Both are 16" barrels. This one is mid-length and the DD is carbine.
    I'd just build another but with things the way they are, that's a ways off.

Thoughts?

This is my second build before the DD A1.5

Last edited by 86K5; 12-31-12 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    Very nice build, bro! That XTC is quite obnoxious though to say the least. I made the mistake of popping three shots off at a varmint without my ear pros once and my ears were buzzing for nearly a week. I swapped it for a Rainier Arms XD flash hider, which I like quite well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clmarshall21 View Post
    Very nice build, bro! That XTC is quite obnoxious though to say the least. I made the mistake of popping three shots off at a varmint without my ear pros once and my ears were buzzing for nearly a week. I swapped it for a Rainier Arms XD flash hider, which I like quite well.
    Tell me about it. I made the mistake of popping off one round without my ear plug in and I swear it was borderline painful....

Feedback Score
    I've had good luck running 77 smk rounds out of my 16" midlength 1:8 barrels. Granted they might be a little iffy beyond 500 yards but, if I'm going to be shooting that far out I'll be dragging out my SPR anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12