Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My 6.8 kill on a Mtn Lion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    Flyinghunter, you have had me looking at mounts over the last couple of days, It is pricey for sure. I may just keep the pelt in the freezer until I can scrape together some coin for the mount. The only hard thing is being active duty Army next time I move I may not have space to display it.
    Wait till you get married.

My wife's worst nightmare involves having a beloved stuffed animal. (example a good friend of mine shot an Eland that walked on his place from one of the exotic ranches. .. . . its basically a cow with horns. . . . they decorate it at Christmas time. So far, I haven't bagged any trophy animals.

I'd save my pennies have get the mount I wanted, even if that involves waiting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Great shot! 400 yds plus 400 ft elevation and spot on hit. Impressive effectiveness of the 6.8 at that range as well. While the lion is thin skinned and all I would imagine it still takes a well placed shot with decent penetration and expansion similar as on a human to bring it down. Good hunt!
    In addition to the obvious big game loads, other rifle and handgun duty loads from the recommended list do well too.
    Last edited by ST911; 11-29-12 at 09:21.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Just an update, cooked some of the lion up on Sunday, Bacon wrapped in a frying pan. I have to say it was pretty dang good. I don't think it is the BEST game dish I have ever had but it was a great meal. Shared it with some co-workers and they loved it too.
    Visit www.damatocustomstippling.com for all of your polymer stippling needs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234