Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CCW chowderhead gets charged

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We have had carry on campus for some time now with no issues in Utah. We have no training or proficiency testing for a CCW permit in Utah either. It is a 3-4 hour class that is based more around where you can/can't carry and when you are justified in drawing/firing your weapon.

As for the Colorado case, you can't fix stupid.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    If I were to re-write the 2nd based on todays society, the right would be based upon one's knowledge and proficiency with the chosen weapon type. upon passing the test (based on significant range time and class time) the right would be unlimited. the way I see it now, that would be a reasonable way back to an educated and skilled gun owning society.

That said, the 2nd aint written like that.

Still, some folks just dont need guns.
    We need a rewrite of the 1st Amendment to require proper capitalization on internet posts. The 2nd Amendment does not grant anyone a privileged. It reaffirms an inalienable right. An inalienable right cannot be removed by any government, nor does it require an education to possess.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 11-24-12 at 02:06.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I'll side with AK_Doug. Inalienable rights are just that. They aren't given to us. They are endowed.

If I were to re-write the 2nd based on todays society, the right would be based upon one's knowledge and proficiency with the chosen weapon type. upon passing the test (based on significant range time and class time) the right would be unlimited. the way I see it now, that would be a reasonable way back to an educated and skilled gun owning society.

That said, the 2nd aint written like that.

Still, some folks just dont need guns.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    ..... The 2nd Amendment does not grant anyone a privileged. It reaffirms an inalienable right. An inalienable right cannot be removed by any government, nor does it require an education to possess.
    So then would we approve of the mentally unsound, people convicted of violent crimes, and similar individuals to have firearms?

At what age are we to be able to exercise this right?
    21, 18, 16, 10 yrs old...

I believe in the 2nd but I am not sure where these people fit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I'll side with AK_Doug. Inalienable rights are just that. They aren't given to us. They are endowed.
    If this were true you would never comply with any gun law. Further still your endower would erase any "liens" automatically right?
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If this were true you would never comply with any gun law. Further still your endower would erase any "liens" automatically right?
    Actually there would be no gun laws to comply with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In a true free society, stupid would hurt more. With the state not "protecting us from ourselves", personal and family responsibility would have to provide controls, and where those were void, the gene pool would thin itself of the shallow, stagnant end dwellers. But then, who would vote democrat?
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    In a true free society, stupid would hurt more. With the state not "protecting us from ourselves", personal and family responsibility would have to provide controls, and where those were void, the gene pool would thin itself of the shallow, stagnant end dwellers. But then, who would vote democrat?
    ^ This

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayglock View Post
    I moved from TX to PA. TX has very high ccw quals (class, test, long wait) PA has none of that. I've seen just as much stupid ccw stuff in TX as PA.

Hazards of living in a free society are that some people are free to be foolish. Freedom is worth it though.
    Texas has a 10 hour class, including a rediculously easy shooting test (if you have difficulty. . . you really do need some help shooting.) It is also more expensive than most states. . . . . but what are you gonna do?

Feedback Score
    Get a FL permit and tell TX to pound sand!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast