Thread: Rifle Training For Experienced Shooter?

Feedback Score

Rifle Training For Experienced Shooter?

A friend mentioned that he is looking for some serious combat rifle training, if that is the proper terminology. He served in the Marine Corps and has competed very successfully on the national level, so he has a fairly high level of expectation.

Posh amenities and handholding/spoon feeding are not required. He mentioned pop-up targets and realistic conditions.

What schools or instructors should he be looking at?
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Feedback Score
    There are numerous schools available around the US but a major factor to consider when looking into these classes is cost. Most cost upwards of a thousand dollars a weekend, which for guys like me is just not feasible. What we have done here in Central Ohio is create a network of shooters with high skillsets and welcome mewbies and intermediates to come shoot with us. I'm not an expert but as a former Army Ranger Urban Warfare Instructor, there is much I can offer. Others in my network are experienced military snipers and pistol instructors...

The War on Terror has created many military veterans that are serious shooters. Something to watch for though is seperating a true shooter from someone that isn't. Not every military member received the level of training as others have but don't be afraid to get out there in the community and network. You'd be surprised by how many former shooters will jump at the chance to get behind a gun again and are willing to trade free lessons for trigger time.

Then again, if money isn't an issue, the other members here can point you in the direction of top notch instructors!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RamadiDoorkicker View Post
    Then again, if money isn't an issue, the other members here can point you in the direction of top notch instructors!
    Thanks, RamadiDoorkicker!

Travel and expense would not be this individual's first considerations.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Competed in what discipline?
    What kind of training is he looking for?
    Why doesn't he just join here and ask directly, or contact someone directly?

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com