Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Form 1 revisions help!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Form 1 revisions help!

Okay - I am submitting a Palmetto State Armory lower to be SBR'd. Got the form back and I have

1. Form must specify the barrel and overall length, approximates and estimates are unacceptable.

I had put under 16''.. I suppose I need to put 10.5'' and then the overall length would be what 29.5''?

I also put .223, .22lr for calibers.. which was also highlighted.

Should I just do .223.. is that acceptable? or 5.56mm ?

3. Incomplete / inaccurate firearm descirpition, see highlighter section(s).
    Full applicant name, city and state; only the state can be abbreviated in box 4h.

I will attach a photo to show what I have put in 4h. What should I change about 4h?

Now when I am doing my edits do I just white out the boxes and then go over in black ink? How do I go about editing it?

Thanks for walking me through. How long do revisions usually take to get approved? I know it's not another 6+ months from this point forward, right?
    Last edited by topslop1; 10-29-12 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you need to be specific on the bbl length, and cal now.
    As for OAL, if you are using a 10.5, just subtract 5.5 rom the OAL of a 16" bbl gun with your stock set up.
    You are not tied to any of those measurements or cal's, unless you never intend to go back to them, at which point the BATFE requests that you inform them of any permanent changes.

As for corrections, just strike each item out with one line and initial next to it, and put the correct info next to it.

For 4H, that is where you identify the markings for your name (or Trust/LLC ect) and City/State
    It appears that you just used the factory model markings. You don't need to put that info in there, or anywhere else.

When did you go pending on this F1?
    Last edited by Hydguy; 10-29-12 at 18:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For caliber you should list whatever the barrel of your main upper is chambered for (5.56 or 223 or whatever else). No need to list 22 LR or anyother caliber that may be used, only whatever the main upper is.

4H. I listed the name of my trust and city, state.

XXXX Trust
    Anytown, USA

For the edits don't use white out. Draw a line though the old/incorrect info (only one line) and write in the corrections above or next to it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Must have been very recent considering the fact that I called them last Weds asking about it and they said that they didn't even have it in the system... So pending as per last Thursday?Friday? . I mailed an outdated form to the outdated branch (Washington DC) after following an outdated 'how to' on ar15 forum. I received this in the mail with a sheet talking about the following corrections. Nothing was mentioned about my outdated form.

I plan on correcting the sheet and mailing it back to the correct branch (WV) and seeing what happens. Note that this came from the West Virginia Branch so it was mailed by the ATF from the Washington DC branch TO the WV branch.

So 4h would be my name city and state? I'm doing an individual one here, not a trust.
    Last edited by topslop1; 10-29-12 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    You originally sent the Form 1 in last week?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I sent the form 1 in May 16th.

Feedback Score
    Okay...
    Last edited by Hydguy; 10-29-12 at 19:15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree, just strike a line through the error, initial, then put in the right entry. In box 4H, put your name, city and state, which is what you should have engraved (or will engrave) on your rifle. You used to be able to just use your first initial, apparently your examiner is saying you can't - have to use full name. You can abbreviate your state.

For barrel length and OAL, just use whatever barrel you bought or will buy. For caliber, just put 5.56 mm. Once you have the transfer stamp for the lower, you can put any barrel length or caliber you want on it as long as you retain the ability to bring it back to its registered configuration or notify ATF that you are changing it (you don't need their permission to do so, you just need to send the notice).

Last SBR I registered, they sent it back to me for corrections. I called my examiner for guidance and he was very friendly and helpful. The form was approved about 10 days after I sent back the corrected form. That was a couple of years ago...I don't know what kind of time frames they're using these days.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I agree, just strike a line through the error, initial, then put in the right entry. In box 4H, put your name, city and state, which is what you should have engraved (or will engrave) on your rifle. You used to be able to just use your first initial, apparently your examiner is saying you can't - have to use full name. You can abbreviate your state.

For barrel length and OAL, just use whatever barrel you bought or will buy. For caliber, just put 5.56 mm. Once you have the transfer stamp for the lower, you can put any barrel length or caliber you want on it as long as you retain the ability to bring it back to its registered configuration or notify ATF that you are changing it (you don't need their permission to do so, you just need to send the notice).

Last SBR I registered, they sent it back to me for corrections. I called my examiner for guidance and he was very friendly and helpful. The form was approved about 10 days after I sent back the corrected form. That was a couple of years ago...I don't know what kind of time frames they're using these days.
    Sounds good, this one is edited and packaged up and ready to go. I'm pretty sure that you get back to the front of the line so to say when you have it edited. There's certainly not another 7 month wait for me ahead I don't think. I'll keep you guys posted when I get it back.

Another question: Where should I have the lower engraved?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by topslop1 View Post

Another question: Where should I have the lower engraved?
    Orion Arms is good. I've always used Ident Marking and have never been disappointed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast