Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC mini4 question

Feedback Score
    Silvers said a few months ago that the 90T was at least a year out. As I recall, it was a matter of still having a huge volume of sales in the contract pipeline for the 51T platform. Maybe he can clarify a bit more, as he is a member here. Or you can get some more insight over on silencertalk.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=3174

I bought this about a month ago and it just arrived at my dealer. At just over $50 more than what my dealer charges for an m42k and $150 more than a mini4, I think I got a steal. The size is right in between the two. YMMV
    Justin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Pennington View Post
    The AAC SR5 and SR7 90T suppressor a were cancelled months ago. I found out in June and there is an AAC letter out to that effect. They apparently couldn't get the new 90T mounting system to work correctly.
    Shocking!

Shit I still run 18ts on my guns with no problems... I know there's been some issues with both 18t and 51ts... but most are just fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I still think the 51T mount will be the better mount and will be around for a long time. My M4-2000 is solid on two seperate mounts. That new Surfire system does seem awesome though. I would love to give one a try...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kymudder08 View Post
    I'm not spending $1300 on a can before the tax stamp. Especially when what I've read the surefire isn't worth the $4-500 more over the mini4 and certainly not spending that much bc a couple people have issues or are extremely picky about the mount.
    Get a street price on Surefire's before making that comparison. Mine was over $400 off the MSRP.
    Last edited by munch520; 11-25-12 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    First, a mini size silencer is not ideal for your first silencer. They are a specialty item made for specific purposes and you will be disappointed with it for general shooting on a wide variety of guns.

Second, AAC 51T is two generations behind Surefire RC silencers. The RCs solve every problem with fast attach silencers, such as wobble, group size increase, exposed teeth, etc.

I would not buy a .223 silencer. I would buy a Surefire RC .308 and you can use it on any caliber .30 or smaller and it is also rated for magnum centerfire rifle cartridges. The AAC 51T are not rated for magnum cartridges.

The .308 RC can be used on your AR-15, a .308 bolt gun, and any hunting rifle like a .243, .22-250, .30-06 etc. You get the most versatility with this option.

The larger .308 bore will also help reduce baffle strikes if you run this on AR-15s with short barrels with unstable bullets.

AAC 51T was state of the art in 2006, it is now obsolete.

Having the shortest, lightest silencer is not important.

What is important is having a heavy duty silencer that will last a lifetime because you can't get rid of it, that has consistent minimal point of aim shift, and no group size increase.

I have been owning and using both systems extensively and I have been phasing out AAC 51T in my personal collection and moving over to Surefire RCs.
    Last edited by scottryan; 11-25-12 at 13:14.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    So what is the going street price on the surefires vs the aac's these days. I'm in the same boat, about to dive into the suppressor world.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    When I bought my 556-212, it was within $190 of the M42000, the other can I was looking at.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Damn guess I have more research to do

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Having the shortest, lightest silencer is not important.
    A bold claim, not know OPs intended use. Even assuming recreational purposes only, OP may do shoot house/cqb completions and want to keep OAL down. There are plenty of reasons to want a short, light can.

Also, everyone saying "wait for the next version" are CRAZY when it comes to suppressors. I have never seen an industry so full of vaporware and delays.
    Last edited by Shoulderthinggoesup; 11-25-12 at 14:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Mcarthy
    I actually don't know what a barrel shroud is- I believe it's the shoulder thing that goes up
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialmonagamist
    There's no need to shoot a bear over a bluff charge, for the same reason you don't shoot every douchebag you see in a Tapout shirt.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast