Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Going crazy with first SBR build questions-10.5/11.5/12.5?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    BCM 11.5" BFH (Or a Centurion 11.5") is solid, stick with that.

Handguard - the DD 9.0 Lite is good if you want rails on all four (lighter than the TROY bravo equivalent).
    The TROY/VTAC Extreme is among the lightest handguard options, but...
    The Noveske NSR 9.0 is going to be even lighter than that. I'd go VTAC if you don't want the keymod setup (my 9.0 VTAC-X SBR is very light).

Rainier did have a really good price on the AAC Mini4 22 cal can (I think it was just under 7 bills), so that might be the can to look at value wise if you're after a light, functional dual stamper. That setup would be the same overall length as a Mk18 (10.5" Bbl) with a full size can, but it would run a bit lighter for sure. It'll run just fine with an A2FH until you get the Form 4 Stamp in for the can (in pistol or SBR form) and be a really light rifle.

Next details are what stock, grip, and weaponlight configuration you're going to want to run (pretty much assuming Aimpoint T-1 on LT/ADM/DD lower 1/3 mount)?
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I'd get a KAC 11.5'' SBR, and stick a SYRAC gas block on it. Then you get the ambi lower, and E3 bolt.

Maybe stick the LMT Enhanced carrier in it anyway for good measure, along with VLTOR A5 system.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.
    We miss you, AC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Sarah;1448841]

Well I don't know what I'd be compensating for....I'm a 100lb chick with more than adequate rack LOL.
    Its not true without pictures

Back on topic
    Here are some pics that might help. An AAC M4-2000 adds 5.1". The SBR is a a Noveske 10.5 with SB and the top rifle is a Shrubmaster carbine 16 with them correctly lined up. The tape measure and pencil are close to accurate, but maybe a little off due to angles of camera. It should give you and idea of what the difference in length is and with a M4-2000. I have an M4-2000, but its hunting right now on a 14.5, so can't photograph it right now Good luck let us know what you choose

"First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    KAC SR15 SBR without the flip up sight gas block.
    I am glad someone else recommended this. I have the 16" SR15 and have no complaints on reliability. So much in fact that I plan to get the SBR, 11.5" version to add to my stable. Completely ambidextrous lower, nice rail with front and rear BUIS standard.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Even compared to Troy Alpha tubes?

Not being sarcastic, genuinely curious.
    Actually you may be correct. Centurion advertises theirs are the "lightest and most rigid" that clamp to a standard nut.

Cent. 10.7 w/screws
    Alpha 8.6 no mention of screws -- also not sure but I guess you need to add sling mounts and the Cent has them built in.
    Last edited by tb-av; 11-24-12 at 08:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I am glad someone else recommended this. I have the 16" SR15 and have no complaints on reliability. So much in fact that I plan to get the SBR, 11.5" version to add to my stable. Completely ambidextrous lower, nice rail with front and rear BUIS standard.
    It's not completely ambidextrous.
    "The PT Belt is not a magic talisman that wards off evil." - Massad Ayoob.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    OP - you're awesome! Guns and horses...bravo!

I'd definitely lean towards a longer barrel length. MK18-type SBRs are awesome, but for an all-purpose SBR I like longer barrels for reasons already mentioned.

Here's my 12" SBR with a 556-212 next to a 16" Recce. Around same length with can on. Still lightweight, short enough, decent suppression, and no flash. Still under 10lbs loaded.

I'm 6'1 and 190lbs and it feels real small to me. My wife's your size and has no problems handling it either.

And pretty accurate at distance, with the detachable 3x

Last edited by munch520; 11-24-12 at 18:01.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast