Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Going crazy with first SBR build questions-10.5/11.5/12.5?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Let's not turn this site into the ARFcom circus everytime a broad posts, Boys.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

build so far

ok thoughts on this? what am I missing? corrections/advice/opinions?

1. 11.5 BCM barrel
    2. Syrac adjustable gas block
    3. Noveske NSR rail or Centurion C4 rail
    4. BCM Lower
    5. VLTOR A5 receiver extension with spring and buffer and castle nut
    6. Geissele SSA-E Trigger
    7. PRI Gasbuster Charging handle
    8. BCM mod O pistol grip
    9. Noveske QD End Plate
    10. BCG from LMT or do the Fail Zero BCG?
    SS

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." -Daniel Boone

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The buffer that is standard with the Vltor A5 is probably a little light and I would go with the H2 or H3. I would also personally use the green spring from Springco.

I am not sure that the Syrac block has proven itself well enough so I would be hesitant to get one.

I would save the money on the PRI and get a BCM Mod 4 Gunfighter. I have used both for years and I cannot see a real cost to benefit by using the PRI.

As you know BCG's are hard to locate right now. Not sure if the Fail Zero is that much better, but in any case you will need to use lube as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post

1. 11.5 BCM barrel
    4. BCM Lower
    8. BCM mod O pistol grip
    9. Noveske QD End Plate

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah I was going to mention the gas block as well. If you're going with an adjustable one, get the Noveske Switchblock. And that Giessele is super sensitive apparently, like almost too sensitive. Just somehting to take note of. If that worries you (it did for me), the SSA is still the gold standard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am massive fan of that SSA-E trigger. Nothing against the SSA, just the -E just hits the sweet spot for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah I was going to mention the gas block as well. If you're going with an adjustable one, get the Noveske Switchblock. And that Giessele is super sensitive apparently, like almost too sensitive. Just somehting to take note of. If that worries you (it did for me), the SSA is still the gold standard.
    Agreed... I have SSA, SSA-E, SD-C, S3G and I would not have an E in an SBR. I like the SSA and SD-C for SBRs. I have an SSA-E in a 300BLK SBR but it is for hunting and I still think I will switch it out to an SSA or SD-C. A good GI trigger is really where you should start.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

4. BCM Lower
    Flared mag well?......

Maybe you could find a DD Lower with flare. If you are trying to build a "nothing left to be desired" setup.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

1. 11.5 BCM barrel
    4. BCM Lower
    8. BCM mod O pistol grip
    9. Noveske QD End Plate
    I have the SD-E, SD-C, and SSA Geissele triggers, and for general use I would prefer a SD-C or SSA. The SD-E is so light that it actually messes up my splits. Great for a precision build, though.

I would get the A5 or Syrac block, but not necessarily both. Though others are correct to point out that it is relatively new, I have been impressed with mine and it seems really solid. If you are not going to have a suppressor right away, it might not be the worst idea to get a standard gas block with an A5 on the BCM barrel and let people like me be the Syrac guinea pigs. You can always upgrade in the future.

I would also skip the gasbuster and go for the BCM mod 4 CH.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The buffer that is standard with the Vltor A5 is probably a little light and I would go with the H2 or H3. I would also personally use the green spring from Springco.

I am not sure that the Syrac block has proven itself well enough so I would be hesitant to get one.

I would save the money on the PRI and get a BCM Mod 4 Gunfighter. I have used both for years and I cannot see a real cost to benefit by using the PRI.

As you know BCG's are hard to locate right now. Not sure if the Fail Zero is that much better, but in any case you will need to use lube as well.
    The standard 5.1 oz. A5 buffer should be okay with the SYRAC gas block. Grant recommends the SYRAC if I remember correctly. I think it'd work alright.

IG, what do you think of the AXTS Raptor charging handle? I've been thinking of picking a few up.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The only block I would use is a Switchblock, but I personally think that less is better. My set up which includes an A5, Springco spring and LMT enhanced carrier has been reliable for thousands of rounds without adding serious expense and more moving parts.

I actually have a Raptor coming and am going to evaluate it. I am curious to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    The standard 5.1 oz. A5 buffer should be okay with the SYRAC gas block. Grant recommends the SYRAC if I remember correctly. I think it'd work alright.

IG, what do you think of the AXTS Raptor charging handle? I've been thinking of picking a few up.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast