Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is pretty scary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

This is pretty scary

Now anyone can be a crack shot. Can you imagine if these end up in the wrong hands. http://www.michaelyon-online.com/now...this-works.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pretty remarkable but I don't understand how it can make the compensations for atmospheric conditions (wind, temp., etc.).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't imagine how much that system is going to cost.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Pretty remarkable but I don't understand how it can make the compensations for atmospheric conditions (wind, temp., etc.).
    I don't think it does, only elevation.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Now anyone can be a crack shot. Can you imagine if these end up in the wrong hands.

Same can and has been said about many modern firearms, but I agree there is a line somewhere. Just don't see this system as crossing it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Now anyone can be a crack shot. Can you imagine if these end up in the wrong hands. http://www.michaelyon-online.com/now...this-works.htm
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any reason to be concerned. This is the same type reasoning anti gunners apply to AR's.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Perhaps the OP was being facetious in his assessment of how potentially dangerous something like this would be for Joe Blow Civilian. My guess is that he was.

That said, it's nothing short of ridiculous to think that whatever this future system could be...it would approach the lines of my meter stick in regards to things that most likely don't have a place in the civilian market....crew served weapons with HE rounds.

Personally I just don't view this as the same massive game changer that the HK MP-7 is, thus making it only avail. to secret squirrels in the Gov't

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post

Personally I just don't view this as the same massive game changer that the HK MP-7 is, thus making it only avail. to secret squirrels in the Gov't
    And the Wiki entry for the MP-7 lists users in the United States as the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU) ... and the Department of Public Safety in Sunnyvale, CA?

I guess the moral of that story is don't get targeted by Seal Team Six or mouth off to the cops in Sunnyvale.

Or rely on Wikipedia.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    *Yawn*

Think about how it works. It has it's limitations. Even so, what's so scary about being able to precisely place a bullet? What's scarier is where that bullet might go if you miss and with good shooting habits, the risk is well controlled
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rather spend my money on training to be able to shoot precisely than piss it away on the fancy scope.

So what happens when the battery dies and you need to make the shot? At least with a traditional scope the reticle is always there and you only need to worry about dropping it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast