Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is pretty scary

Feedback Score
    i wouldn't get excited. are they saying they've learned how to read mid-range mirage with that scope? what if there's no mirage?

or are they just saying the scope can laser range find? and measure the angle? and the temperature? and DA?

what if the actual velocity is different than what's written on the ammo box? can it spot misses and give you a correction?

my guess it might help an untrained conscript, but it would probably slow a shooter down. how long does it take to get a solution? what if you have two targets at different distances and you need to shoot them fast?

what if the target is moving? does it also compensate for lead?

even if it magically did all those things, what does it do when the yahoo yanks the trigger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the difference between having to have perfect sight-to-target alignment in order to "tag" the target, as they say, and pull the trigger?

You still have to hold the rifle steadily, aim at your target, and "tag" at just the right time. It doesn't make a "chimp" or a "conscript" or anyone else more accurate.

Either way, in no way is this system remotely like "jet fighter lock-and-launch technology" nor is it "precision guided".
    Last edited by HackerF15E; 11-24-12 at 04:39.

Feedback Score
    I've talked with the guys at Tracking Point at LENGTH about their system.

The typical elmer fudd knee-jerk-reaction shit has to stop. Fear and panic about a product that isn't on the market yet, and that you've never used or fully understand the capability of is irrational stupidity at best.

I swear... gun owners are our own worst enemy.

"OMGWTFBBQ!!!1! IT FIRES NUCLEAR TIPPED SELF GUIDING MISSILES!!!!!!1! IT"S SO EASY A CAVE MAN COULD DO IT!!!11!!!"

Yeah.

The only thing that is scary is when people disengage their brains, and start acting like panicked children. "OMG could you imagine if it got in the wrong hands!@?!?!?!" Who decides who the wrong hands are? The government? YOU? A ROCK is dangerous in the wrong hands. Should we outlaw them?

I'm so very sick of hearing the same people proclaiming to love liberty also championing government regulation.

Want to spend less time being "scared?" Spend more time using your brain.

Taliv, once again you get it, while many others seem to be lost on the concept. Funny how you actually need to know how to make a long range shot in order to identify the limitations of the system.
    Last edited by orkan; 11-24-12 at 05:21.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Very well said Orkan!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If I had to hazard a guess I would say that the manufactures claims are going to be a little more than the reality. Also what happens when the target moves?
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    I've talked with the guys at Tracking Point at LENGTH about their system.

The typical elmer fudd knee-jerk-reaction shit has to stop. Fear and panic about a product that isn't on the market yet, and that you've never used or fully understand the capability of is irrational stupidity at best.

I swear... gun owners are our own worst enemy.

"OMGWTFBBQ!!!1! IT FIRES NUCLEAR TIPPED SELF GUIDING MISSILES!!!!!!1! IT"S SO EASY A CAVE MAN COULD DO IT!!!11!!!"

Yeah.

The only thing that is scary is when people disengage their brains, and start acting like panicked children. "OMG could you imagine if it got in the wrong hands!@?!?!?!" Who decides who the wrong hands are? The government? YOU? A ROCK is dangerous in the wrong hands. Should we outlaw them?

I'm so very sick of hearing the same people proclaiming to love liberty also championing government regulation.

Want to spend less time being "scared?" Spend more time using your brain.

Taliv, once again you get it, while many others seem to be lost on the concept. Funny how you actually need to know how to make a long range shot in order to identify the limitations of the system.

Spare us the long winded, demeaning rant clarifying little more than your need to feel smarter than someone today. While I also disagree with his initial assessment, he clarified that he was referring to enemies overseas obtaining the technology and not advocating restrictions here in America.

A misguided fear as well perhaps, but if you are going to rip someone make sure you have an idea as to what your talking about.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Pretty remarkable but I don't understand how it can make the compensations for atmospheric conditions (wind, temp., etc.).
    Yea I was wondering that as well. Also wonder about moving targets. Still interesting device. Don't know how well it will work but interesting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unless I heard him wrong I think he says you hold down the trigger and once the sights line up it releases the shot. So I don't think you could easily yank the trigger on this.

Not trying to defend the system and even if I win the Powerball this week I likely won't buy one. But it's pretty cool technology.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    interesting, thanks c-grunt. i had to use cc on the video instead of listening to it, and that part of the captioning was more or less unintelligible but what you said now makes sense.

that's actually a pretty interesting method. i guess you have to hit it twice, right? essentially put the crosshairs on what you want to hit and press the button? at which point it gets a solution and adjusts the reticle? then you hold down the trigger and when the rifle is on target, it fires? of course i'm still speculating wildly

now i'm extra curious about how it would handle movers, since the picture would change

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Being a tech geek, I find this really cool. Doubtful I could afford it, but that is a very neat idea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast