Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is pretty scary

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Unless I heard him wrong I think he says you hold down the trigger and once the sights line up it releases the shot.
    That's my understanding of the system. There doesn't appear to be any atmospheric compensation -- it just appears to be a methodology to ensure that the hammer is released only at the moment that the sights are lined up with the 'tagged' target.

Feedback Score

Question

So, to read the wind, would you have to tag the "upwind" edge of the target?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    So, to read the wind, would you have to tag the "upwind" edge of the target?
    Without knowing further details about how the system actually works, that would be my guess.

Still no substitute for "Kentucky windage" or "combat offset".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    he clarified that he was referring to enemies overseas obtaining the technology and not advocating restrictions here in America.
    Well hell, we better stop development of everything! Someone overseas might get it!!!!!
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    It still does not read the wind at max ordnance or where terminal ballistics begin. Northrup and others have tried and have still not come up with a real deal prototype that can past a TRL-5. So it still only solves 1 piece of the equation which can be done with mil dots or a laser range finder.
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Well hell, we better stop development of everything! Someone overseas might get it!!!!!

Do we not currently possess numerous forms of technology which are vigorously protected from other nations, especially hostile ones? Even if this is non-classified or unrestricted, it doesn't mean we shouldn't want to keep our adversaries hindered as much as possible.

For some perspective, consider all the technology we have passed on to Afghanistan and even Pakistan. Most believe this is likely to hurt us to some extent in the long run.

Feedback Score
    Technology is a good thing. If I had the money to spend on this new device I would rather spend it on ammunition and attending training conducted by experienced individuals.
    Last edited by 7 RING; 12-01-12 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    This isn't a new concept. Google "inertial reticle technology".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Now anyone can be a crack shot. Can you imagine if these end up in the wrong hands. http://www.michaelyon-online.com/now...this-works.htm
    Everything ends up in the wrong hands.Alcohol ends up in the drunks hands. Cars end up in the drunks hands etc etc.

Feedback Score
    Simply a video gamer's dream firearm come true.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast