Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noob Suppressor Assistance

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Also, can the same idea be done with a .40 cal suppressor on a 9mm?

Feedback Score

If I could do it over again

I would have brought a .30 caliber can that was QD and used that on my AR15's. The suppression is near identical to your ears and the versatility is way more. Instead I did as you are thinking and went with the AAC SPR M4 a QD maximum rated suppression silencer with 5 positions to minimize the zero change... Great suppressor, but costly.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback. So do i have to have any special mounts for a 762 can that I plan to place on a 556 barrel?

Feedback Score
    I would imagine so considering most of the .308 barrels are threaded differently.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. So do i have to have any special mounts for a 762 can that I plan to place on a 556 barrel?
    With AAC cans you match the mount to the caliber. So a 51 tooth mount for a 5.56 gun will hold the 7.62 SND can for example.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sometimes depends on suppressor, but the AAC I constantly move around is quick detach and fits on the adapters but the adapters are caliber specific. Mine happens to be the 51t design and you have to make sure the AAC adapter it is going to attach to is either 223/5.56 or 30cal depending on what rifle it is going on.

For instance, you don't use a 223/5.56 qd brakeout on a 300 blackout rifle.

Read some and search around here. You will find most everything you are looking for.

ETA:mark. Beat me to it and was more concise.
    Last edited by fixit69; 12-03-12 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    Not for the AAC SDN6. The 51T mounts are available in the common diameters/pitches.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    There is a lot of good info and true advice in this thread. The bottom line is it all depends on what you want to do.
    For me, the AAC m4-2000 was the best balance of sound vs weight/length. I intend to get a suppressor for 7.62 in the future, but it will be a .338 Lapua can. I witnessed one on a .308 bolt rifle in a match once and it was too quiet for the shot timer to pick up. Very impressive to say the least. Given that my .308 can will be a .338 and thus much larger than a standard .308, I am not willing to hand that off my AR.
    Getting the most out of your can is important. I use mine on several AR's and also on my SBR FN PS-90, but I knew I would eventually buy more.
    Full auto 9mm using subsonic ammo is not to be missed in your lifetime. It puts a new perspective on how quiet, quiet can be.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Maximum sounds suppression
    Minimum loss of zero at 100 meters
    Quick Detach

Maximum sound reduction is about a 4th or 5th priority in the real world.

The three most important priorities are:

Heavy duty
    No POI shift
    No group size increase

All leading brands will be within a few dB of each other and you will not be able to tell this with the human ear.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    So much to learn.

Spoke to pat at silencer shop. Very informative and over all nice to chat with. Anyone have any direct experience with them? Seemed like a nice shop.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast