Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes, another New Guy Building over Buying

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I do not recommend the MBUS.
    A good set of metal sights is worth the minor cost increase.
    Would also recommend a decent light and mount.
    As for the light... it is not something I have thought much about, but for HD, it seems like a good idea. I am sure there is a light thread on here somewhere--I will take a look and see what people like/dislike and go from there.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the carry handle sights if your are going for irons only. PSA has mil spec ones for $70 or so brand new. And people sell others on here for less than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    I'm a big fan of the carry handle sights if your are going for irons only. PSA has mil spec ones for $70 or so brand new. And people sell others on here for less than that.
    I am not too much of a fan of the handle. I do like the sight that LMT?puts out based off of it though.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    F2S,

I agree with the comment concerning the argument against the MBUS but would
    like to hear your reason for not recommending them. Thanks,

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    When I first put a light on my patrol rifle, my budget was a consideration. I purchased a light mount from Brownells that installed on the upper handguard. The mount can be installed at the 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock position and it accommodated the light I used on my Glock 22. The light stayed firmly attached when I trained with it, but came off the rifle easily when I wanted to put it on my pistol. It was a viable option until I had more funds available.

How does your rifle shoot?
    Last edited by 7 RING; 12-01-12 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 RING View Post
    When I first put a light on my patrol rifle, my budget was a consideration. I purchased a light mount from Brownells that installed on the upper handguard. The mount can be installed at the 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock position and it accommodated the light I used on my Glock 22. The light stayed firmly attached when I trained with it, but came off the rifle easily when I wanted to put it on my pistol. It was a viable option until I had more funds available.

How does your rifle shoot?
    Did this install on a carbine handguard or did you have a rail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    Did this install on a carbine handguard or did you have a rail?
    It is a GG&G mount and it installed easily on a carbine handguard. I had to remove the heat shield from the upper handguard and drill two holes to install the mount. It was an easy installation. I use an Insight M-3 light. As luck would have it the brightest part of the flashlight beam co-witnesses with my iron sights at 7 yards.
    Last edited by 7 RING; 12-01-12 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    ^Ok thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For my carbine, I chose a Mossie Tactics Midnight Mount and a Surefire X300 weapon light. The flashlight wasn't cheap but it's survived being mounted on my rifle for over a thousand rounds and it's very bright for being so small and light

If interested, you can learn more in this thread-
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95251

The Surefire X300 also fits pistols
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    For my carbine, I chose a Mossie Tactics Midnight Mount and a Surefire X300 weapon light. The flashlight wasn't cheap but it's survived being mounted on my rifle for over a thousand rounds and it's very bright for being so small and light
    Does the X300 slip of and on with any kind of ease? Making it a possible solution to switch between a carbine and pistol if somebody wanting a quality light was on a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    F2S,

I agree with the comment concerning the argument against the MBUS but would
    like to hear your reason for not recommending them. Thanks,

-Jax
    My main reasoning is the OP isn't mentioning the use of an optic. If he's just running iron sights a fixed DD rear sight would be a much more solid option. Now, if an optic is planned to be added, an actual rear mbus would make sense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast