Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Son's First AR Kill

Feedback Score
    If you were born before a certain date in I believe 1979 you don't need the safety course. Good luck down here. You need to hunt private property. The wma's get picked clean early. I've been to sever spots and haven't seen anything.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nhskull21 View Post
    If you were born before a certain date in I believe 1979 you don't need the safety course. Good luck down here. You need to hunt private property. The wma's get picked clean early. I've been to sever spots and haven't seen anything.
    I know guys that hunt public almost exclusively. Kill nice deer too.
    You've got to get off the beaten path. Way off.
    Of course it depends on how big a tract of GMA you are talking about. The bigger the tract, the further away you can get.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Outstanding Job

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    Always great to see young people hunting and scoring.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoby View Post
    I know guys that hunt public almost exclusively. Kill nice deer too.
    You've got to get off the beaten path. Way off.
    Of course it depends on how big a tract of GMA you are talking about. The bigger the tract, the further away you can get.
    Maybe there is during the first two weeks of the season. I'm about to switch areas. I've been all over the wambaw area and haven't seen anything. Mourning or night. Doing ten hour days, mixing it up between sitting and walking trying to scare something up out of the brush or its bed. It's you got any tips on anything or places shoot me a pm. For now I'm taking a week of two off gas to the areas is killing me. I may give Hell hole a shot next.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Didn't know you were in the lowcountry. I'm in the upstate.

Francis Marion is a big place but I'm not familiar with it so I don't have any leads for you. Sorry.
    Good luck!
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12