Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressor bore/channel diameter?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Correct, but they are quieter, and more importantly lighter and smaller, should probably have less flash but potentially more blowback. I see a lot of people absolutely recommending 762 cans without considering anything but sound. Which as you pointed out is not that important for the 556 round.
    One consideration I'll add to that line of thought is versatility - a 7.62 can may be a compromise for 5.56 use when it comes to weight/size, but if a user would like to be able to use their suppressor on a 300BLK or 308 host as well, then the additional weight and length may be acceptable. The AAC SDN6 is 1" longer than the M42K, and only a couple ounces heavier. Based on the specs, the SF 762RC is over 2" longer than the 556RC, so it's getting to be more of a compromise with those models. Either way, I wouldn't shut down the multi-caliber idea completely.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everyusernametaken View Post
    One consideration I'll add to that line of thought is versatility - a 7.62 can may be a compromise for 5.56 use when it comes to weight/size, but if a user would like to be able to use their suppressor on a 300BLK or 308 host as well, then the additional weight and length may be acceptable. The AAC SDN6 is 1" longer than the M42K, and only a couple ounces heavier. Based on the specs, the SF 762RC is over 2" longer than the 556RC, so it's getting to be more of a compromise with those models. Either way, I wouldn't shut down the multi-caliber idea completely.
    Of course. I'm just saying there is a place for a 556 can.

Now... 556Socom vs 762Socom Mini, those are identical dimensions just with a 556 vs 762 bore, that's harder yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12