Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele reaction rod

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Whats a FSB?
    Something we used to find on guns before states started legalizing Marijewanda!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    CATM @Lackland?

gunsmith shop

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The Geissele reaction rod is awesome to say the least. Like everything else they do, it is EXTREMELY well made.

We use it in our shop everyday and also sell them: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=REACT

C4
    Grant do you find that this takes the place of an upper receiver clam-shell style action block, or do you still find use for the clam-shell block as well?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Grant do you find that this takes the place of an upper receiver clam-shell style action block, or do you still find use for the clam-shell block as well?
    I have all the various blocks out there and this ones takes the place of all of them.

Typically speaking, I am not a fan of the stress put on the receiver when torquing down a barrel nut or FH/MB. This fixes that.

C4

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have all the various blocks out there and this ones takes the place of all of them.

Typically speaking, I am not a fan of the stress put on the receiver when torquing down a barrel nut or FH/MB. This fixes that.

C4
    Thanks for the follow-up Grant. That's exactly what I wanted to know.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    From what I can see, the Brownell's one you set the barrel nut tool in the vise and the nut is stationary and everything is torqued vertical. So, essentially you end up twisting the upper receiver into the barrel nut. With the reaction rod, it is set in the vise and you actually torque the nut and the receiver stays stationary. Which seems like a better way to do it IMO.

I don't have a lot of experience installing barrels/rails so take what I said for what it's worth.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    So, why is it in that other thread that Skullworks and mk18pilot are so dead set against this tool? What are the downsides? The tool makes perfect sense to me, what am I missing?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So, why is it in that other thread that Skullworks and mk18pilot are so dead set against this tool? What are the downsides? The tool makes perfect sense to me, what am I missing?
    I've been using the Brownells bbl ext. tool for quite awhile. I've done several hundred if not a thousand muzzle device swaps, barrel & rail swaps in that time...I've yet to encounter an issue. Sure problems may arise using this tool but what's the probability vs. the possibility? In my experience thus far the probability is pretty F'ing low but don't let my actual experience get in the way of an inexperienced persons emotions.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Rob. Between you and Grant, that's pretty high praise for this too. Only thing that would be better is if IG got on board. The tool makes total sense to me and looks far better than clamping the whole upper in a block.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Thx

Thx for the input Robb.

I ordered the reaction rod and will be using it to put on a Noveske NSR 9. We will see how this thing works out for me shortly once everything gets here. I imagine shouldn't have any problems.

Thx Again for everyone's input

Aaron

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Because some people would rather not logically think things through and also think they know more then they do.

I explained the dynamics of the joints under stress when torquing barrels with at least one other clamping tool in the last thread about this.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Something we used to find on guns before states started legalizing Marijewanda!
    That would be "Mekong Mind****" for the old timers....
    It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the strategem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand -Yagyu Munemori

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast