Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My "HOT MESS" S&W M&P 15-22

Feedback Score
    Taking notes.....going to copy you with a cheaper FF hand gaurd.
    Also considering a comp, found a thread about it.
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...22-really.html
    Last edited by The Virus; 12-11-12 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Grant, sorry for digging this thread back up, but I just picked up a 15-22 without the threaded barrel (standard vanilla model) and was tossing around the idea of having the barrel cut to 14.5" and pinning an A2X to bring me to 16".

My questions:
    1. Is that something you are interested in doing?
    2. If not, who would you recommend?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Grant, sorry for digging this thread back up, but I just picked up a 15-22 without the threaded barrel (standard vanilla model) and was tossing around the idea of having the barrel cut to 14.5" and pinning an A2X to bring me to 16".

My questions:
    You should ask this on the S&W forum where there are a lot of people that know many different resources for the 15-22, you may get lucky and find someone close to you that can do various 15-22 mods for (or with) you.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/

Good luck.
    Maker of: "The TALON" Pocket Video Camera Mount.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post

My questions:
    The first question you should ask yourself is, do I intend to ever buy a suppressor for it? If your answer is no, I would really rethink this (as .22 cans are awesome).

So, yes I would get the barrel threaded. I wouldn't cut it back to 14.5 and permanently pin a FH to it though. The reason is because you won't ever be able to attach a suppressor AND the cost VS benefit simply isn't there.

For barrel threading and pinning, I would recommend ADCO Firearms.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I sorta lost interest in my 15-22 but this is inspiring! So awesome

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I went another route with my .22. CMMG dedicated barrel cut to 14.5" with dedicated CMMG SS bolt and built it with AR parts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The first question you should ask yourself is, do I intend to ever buy a suppressor for it? If your answer is no, I would really rethink this (as .22 cans are awesome).

So, yes I would get the barrel threaded. I wouldn't cut it back to 14.5 and permanently pin a FH to it though. The reason is because you won't ever be able to attach a suppressor AND the cost VS benefit simply isn't there.

For barrel threading and pinning, I would recommend ADCO Firearms.

C4
    Thanks for the reply and yes, I had tossed around the idea of a suppressor, but for this particular rifle my primary intended use is to shoot rimfire matches with my 8 year old daughter & I'm not sure if I want to tack on all the expense of a can for it all things considered. Maybe I'll rethink that before going forward.

Thanks for your insight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i just got one of these i may have to steal a few ideas from ya thanks for posting

Feedback Score

Arrow

Could someone give me a quick rundown of why the S&W M&P22 is the best, or one of the best 22 AR options out there, as opposed, to say, the Colt, CMMG or other options??? What is different about the Colt, CMMG and other 22 AR's? Thanks guys

ETA, damn buckjay, that URX 3.1 is amazing looking on ur CMMG 22. What FDE finish did you use, and who finished it? Details please!
    Last edited by Razorhunter; 01-08-13 at 07:38.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorhunter View Post
    Could someone give me a quick rundown of why the S&W M&P22 is the best, or one of the best 22 AR options out there, as opposed, to say, the Colt, CMMG or other options??? What is different about the Colt, CMMG and other 22 AR's? Thanks guys

ETA, damn buckjay, that URX 3.1 is amazing looking on ur CMMG 22. What FDE finish did you use, and who finished it? Details please!
    Sure. One word; RELIABLE. The mags also cheap ($16-$17) and have excellent CS standing behind me.

Having used all the .22 AR's you have mentioned, they all suck compared to the M&P 15-22.

C4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast