Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Peacekeeper RDP Review (Pic Heavy)

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)

US Peacekeeper RDP Review (Pic Heavy)

I have owned the US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment Pack http://www.uspeacekeeper.com/Product...ment_pack.html for about 5yrs now, the origional one I had was Black, and was ment to be slung on your right side, the newer model is just the opposite, slund to the left side. The RDP comes in Black and OD, and can be perchased with an optional supply kit (see website for details).

The RDP is the best small bag I have ever used, I use it mostly for SHTF bag, hiking and camping, it is adaptable for any use, but it is best used in combination with an AR15 style rifle. The front of the pack has 2 pouches that hold a total of 4, USGI or Magpul style 20 or 30rd magazines. I havent tried it with any other magazines yet, but I plan to try some soon.

On the left side as your looking at the bag there is a handgun magazine pouch big enough for one doublestack, one single stack 1911 mag, and a LCP mag. This pouch also works well as a LCP holster, and I often carry one in there.

On the other side there is a water bottle pouch, big enough for one small water bottle, or it can be used for additional storage. This pouch has a strechable nylon cord that can be tightened down with the use of a pushbutton clamp.

On the top of the bag there is some nylon webbing for molle style attachment. I have used this to attach a extra knife, hung water bottles from it, and attached a flashlight pouch at one time. Above the webbing on the sling there is a keychain clamp, this is pretty self explanitory.

There are two interior compartments, I use the rear one as a holster for my XD 45 Service, it isn't big enough for a 5" slide handgun, but accomadates the compact and subcompact very well. US Peacekeeper gives you a nylon webbing style holster, but I found it easier to just stick the handgun in there.

The forward pouch has three expandable holders, they work great for lights such as the Surefire G2, and my Origional Leatherman fits in there perfect as well. I use the third for a driver handle, and I keep bits in there as well. I wrap most everything I don't want getting wet in plastic bags, as it rains here allot and when I open that pouch it can sometimes get in. I carry a copy of The Pocket Ref http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Ref-Edi...the+pocket+ref with me as well, there is tons of info in there. I usually throw in a deck of cards, a pen, MP3 player, allen wrenches, gun cleaning supplies, a boresnake, and manuals to stuff as well. On the top outside of this pouch there is a strip of velcro for your favorite patch, I havent decided on one yet.

On the back of the pack, there is a nylon strap to attach the pack to your belt, but I use it to attach a knife

This bag has never let me down, and IMO its the best shoulder bag on the market. This bag is a must own for anyone who owns an AR15 style rifle, that wants all the benefits of a molle vest, without the expense.
    Last edited by Brian Brazier; 07-29-12 at 02:33.
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good review, thanks for posting. Looks like a very utilitarian pack.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    Absolutely, a friend of mine that is in the local police department turned me on to these

Feedback Score
    I really like that bag. The design is very utilitarian, and it seems quite rugged. One question for you: is the main compartment large enough to hold a gas mask and respirator? I'm looking for a new active shooter bag, and this would fit the bill perfectly if it could hold a mask and respirator.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    To be honest I am not really sure, which one do you use, if I had an idea of the overall size I can give you a better awnser.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    Main compartment is 8.5"H 7.5"W and 2.5"D though it seems deeper, I think an M40 would fit if you unscrew the respirator, and tuck it behind the mask, its a decent size compartment.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey Brian-
    Ive had one for about a year...had it out yesterday just checking the contents I keep loaded in it.
    It is one handy little bag.
    My question to you is, what is the velcro attachment that came with the bag? I have never figured out what this piece is or used for, if you or anyone else knows, and could post a pic showing its use, Id really appreciate it!

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)

It is a holster, I never caredmfor it, I always found it easier to just stick my XD 45 service in there

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Always been interested in this as a BOB, nice review, thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a dozen of these in eval, recent production. So far, so good.

You might fit a compact respirator in the main compartment, but it's a tight fit and will use all available space. No-go on the two mil gas masks I've tried.

The colors:
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast