Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 or Glock 34

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whick1 View Post
    Our dept issued the G35 same as the 34 except in 40SW. It was a PITA to carry every day. Every officer i worked with complained about it...
    The last two years of my career I carried a Glock 35 in a duty rig. The only time I noticed anything different from the Glock 21 I carried for years was sitting in the newer cars. Many of them have seats that angle up on the sides and the bottom of the holster hit that. I'm 5'9" and it didn't move my belt up hardly at all, especially to the point of being uncomfortable.

With the 35 I did expect a difference in how long it took me to draw it. Experimentation showed it didn't slow me down at all, once I became accustomed to the gun.

I repeat, except for sitting in a car, which wasn't uncomfortable, I noticed no difference what so ever. The issue gun was our choice of a Glock 22 or 23.

One thing about cops worldwide. They, as a group, are a bunch of whiners.
    Last edited by darr3239; 12-13-12 at 14:34.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having experience with both in my opinion I don't think the G34 is that much greater than the 17 especially if you don't plan on competing with it. First off, the extended mag release on the 34 is too long (gonna have to sand the edges a bit). The trigger pull at 4.5 lbs is nice compared to 5.5 on a 17, but not that much of an improvement especially in the hands of an experienced shooter. As far as recoil management, lets be honest, we're shooting 9mm here. Keep in mind that with the exception of the extended/cut slide, you can have almost all the same features on a 17 if you like with OEM parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go with a 24 or a 35, and get the 9mm conversion barrel from Storm Lake. Have a .40 and a 9. My 24c is crazy fun shooting 9.
    Good work speaks for itself,
    therefore achieve something first,
    and talk about it later if you must.
    ----Grenville Kleiser
    General Motors=your TARP $$$, YMMV

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I ended up going with the 34. I'll be shooting it this weekend. Here it is with some KAC goodness.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Gotta ask, what sights are you going to replace the plastic with?

Nice choice, I carry a 17 for duty, but have been shooting a buddies 34, the extended radius does improve my accuracy at distance (my just be mental, who knows?).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sweet

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCM View Post
    Gotta ask, what sights are you going to replace the plastic with?

Nice choice, I carry a 17 for duty, but have been shooting a buddies 34, the extended radius does improve my accuracy at distance (my just be mental, who knows?).
    I'm going to go with the OEM glock night sights. I'm waiting on my blue lable glock 19 to come in and it will have the glock OEM night sights. I like having matching sights on my pistols.
    Last edited by Rohardi; 12-29-12 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
    I'm going to go with the OEM glock night sights. I'm waiting on my blue lable glock 19 to come in and it will have the glock OEM night sights. I like having matching sights on my pistols.
    10-4, makes sense. I've standardized to 10-8 Sights with Tritium Front on all my pistols (Glock and 1911).

By the way nice KAC, are you carrying it on duty?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCM View Post

By the way nice KAC, are you carrying it on duty?
    Sadly, no :-(

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I really like my glock 19s, but my glock 34 is my best shooting pistol. My confidence is much much higher using my g34. My 17 does not feel much different than my 19s. Infact my 17 is my least used glock

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast