Thread: Hunting in New York?

Feedback Score

Hunting in New York?

I am new to hunting and living in Staten Island, have to travel a ways to even get to a decent rifle range.

A friend offered a place in the Catskills (NY) whenever I want to get away. Wondering if anyone does any coyote or deer hunting in the area (or New York in general) or has any suggestions or experiences here.

Would really like to do some coyote hunting after the holidays.

Thanks
    Last edited by rocsteady; 12-09-12 at 10:06. Reason: to broaden the question to the state rather than just catskills
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    The Catskills offer excellent deer hunting opportunities.

Have hunted there in the past (Sullivan County) and hope to again in the future.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you don't mind a drive Fort Drum has 80,000 acres that the general public can use for hunting. You just have to get a recreational access pass and register your firearm with the MPs. I was in and out of the MP station in about 5 minutes when I registered my rifle this past season. You can get a rec. access pass here: http://fortdrum.isportsman.net/

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Oh and I forgot to mention, that area is covered up with coyote!

Feedback Score
    That does help. Thank you very much.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    New York has millions of acres of public land for hunting. Pm me and I'll give you some quality info on open land in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    I also want to add that as a former NYC resident God Bless you for being a firearms owner in that city. Not a fun thing these days.