Thread: Savage Made Sheath??

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Savage Made Sheath??

Anyone have experience with Savage sheaths? Www.savagemadesheaths.com
    I'm looking to replace the leather for my Randall Model 18 of over 30 years. Randall requires you to send the knife to Orlando. I found this Savage guy on line, his stuff looks good, the price is reasonable and the knife is a user not a safe-queen.
    Any input is appreciated...........
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no experience with this Savage sheath maker, but his stuff does look nice and reasonably priced. If I were in the market I'd try one out.
    Maker of: "The TALON" Pocket Video Camera Mount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They look okay I don't know if it's my computer but some of the stitching and cutting seems off. For those prices I would give him a shot. My question is why would Randall need your knife, a knife that has been in production for over forty years, so they can make a sheath?
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
    My question is why would Randall need your knife, a knife that has been in production for over forty years, so they can make a sheath?
    Don't know - that's the info on the website and I followed up with an email to confirm.
    I think for the money it's worth a shot to try Mr Savage! Thanks
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I thought I would resurrect my old thread since I finally got around to ordering one of his sheaths. Originally I was thinking of one to replace the well worn leather from my Model 18, but instead got one for my Vickers Tactical Model 15 Randall.

It is an outstanding piece of work. Quality construction, excellent fit and finish and the knife fits like a glove. Harry is a great guy to deal with; responsive communication and crazy fast turn around time - 1 week from mailing money order to home delivery.

Based on the website he makes leather for many blades. If you are in need, check him out - I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'll be ordering one for the Model 18 very soon!

Just my 2 cents FWIW............................
    Last edited by Ranger325; 03-30-13 at 18:45.
    Regards,
    Ranger325

George Orwell

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just ordered two of the same style sheaths for a pair of Boker Apparos.
    Thanks for posting!