Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6900 Light Carbine?

Feedback Score
    I for one like it. I got to play with one today and no it's not the Colt's were use to but with S&W and DPMS offering a budget model I can't see why not. I do like the new lower markings for this model so you can easily distinguish from 'normal' Colts. But I don't like that they used the LE designation for this model. I also though when the box said "Light Carbine" I was a little confused when I pulled it out and it was a M4 profile, it should be a true lightweight. I was surprised with the Colt Match trigger and 1/8 twist, very nice. The integral trigger guard does resemble the S&W Sport, no prob, as I like it also. The missing forward assist and dust cover are not an issue as long as you look at this rifle as an entry level or budget rifle. Overall I was pleased with its appearance and feel but someone needs to test one to see if it is worth sht. The local shop was asking $1399 for it and I'm so glad I have plenty and am not hurting for an AR in this current craze.

Feedback Score

Bought it, then researched, then sold it

The rifle is built, and possibly designed by Anderson Mftg for Colt. I paid 1300, sold it for 1500, and bought a real 6940 for MSRP and will be buying optics, grip pod, and a laser sight too. Any suggestions on budget optics/lasers?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt LE6900 Light Carbine?

Quote Originally Posted by j0ey2 View Post
    The rifle is built, and possibly designed by Anderson Mftg for Colt.
    Do you have a source for this statement? Interesting if true.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    The rifle is built, and possibly designed by Anderson Mftg for Colt. I paid 1300, sold it for 1500, and bought a real 6940 for MSRP and will be buying optics, grip pod, and a laser sight too. Any suggestions on budget optics/lasers?
    Why would you wanna trash up a good rifle with a Grip-pod, cheap lasers and cheap optics?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveshamockery View Post
    Do you have a source for this statement? Interesting if true.
    Colt Customer support. Too bad for the buyers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Why would you wanna trash up a good rifle with a Grip-pod, cheap lasers and cheap optics?
    For temporary's sake samuse. You wanna front me 2K right now so I can save you the pity, lets talk. Otherwise limit your responses to answering my questions, thanks. If you wanna elaborate to us noobs how mounting these devices will "trash" my 6940, we'd definetly want to know. Or maybe someone with more experience can.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    For temporary's sake samuse. You wanna front me 2K right now so I can save you the pity, lets talk. Otherwise limit your responses to answering my questions, thanks. If you wanna elaborate to us noobs how mounting these devices will "trash" my 6940, we'd definetly want to know. Or maybe someone with more experience can.
    I don't need to elaborate anything. It's all over the net. You'd rather smart off than read, so go buy your grip pod and a cool laser and one of those bad-ass aimpoints with the switchable green and red reticles.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm aware of the big "google" machine as a resource samuse, thanks for the advice. I thought I'd inform some contemporaries on some factual info pertinent to the title of a thread and saving them time and effort. I didn't expect to run some poser/loser with nothing better to do with his life than muddy up a quick question geared toward members who are a little more mature. You should comment again to show the real strength of your immaturity/insecurity samuse. Ibet your gun is BIIIIIIIIG. Haha
    Samuse isn't wrong in his statement.
    As you'll see as you frequent this forum more is that most people on here will offer advice to save your money and don't waste it on the cheap stuff. Keep your rifle as is, until you have the money to get quality gear.
    Grip pods, cheap optics and lasers won't hold up well. And that's money you've wasted, that you could've put towards good equipment.
    Last edited by Clem; 03-22-13 at 07:50.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Otherwise limit your responses to answering my questions, thanks.

You talk a lot for someone with three posts. Look up the word "humble" in the dictionary, understand it, then worry about where to buy your less than ideal accessories.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Any suggestions on budget optics/lasers?
    I'd get a BSA red dot... (under $30 usually)

And buy one of those laser pointers at STAPLEs and duct tape it to the BSA.

AR15.com could use a guy like you.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast