Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6900 Light Carbine?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    Samuse isn't wrong in his statement.
    As you'll see as you frequent this forum more is that most people on here will offer advice to save your money and don't waste it on the cheap stuff. Keep your rifle as is, until you have the money to get quality gear.
    Grip pods, cheap optics and lasers won't hold up well. And that's money you've wasted, that you could've put towards good equipment.
    I appreciate your approach Clem, and I understand the "why I should buy the new Lexus", arguement. In fact, when I'm in the market for a new Lexus, I'll visit the proper forums here and I'm sure I'll be better for it. But I'm buying a mo-ped for a quick shooting session this or next weekend with the 200 I profited and another 200. I hope whatever stuff I buy won't "trash" my quality rifle forever, as samuse stated. I still can use that advice from someone if such advise exists, and I hope that was "humble" enough for some.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ey2 View Post
    I appreciate your approach Clem, and I understand the "why I should buy the new Lexus", arguement. In fact, when I'm in the market for a new Lexus, I'll visit the proper forums here and I'm sure I'll be better for it. But I'm buying a mo-ped for a quick shooting session this or next weekend with the 200 I profited and another 200. I hope whatever stuff I buy won't "trash" my quality rifle forever, as samuse stated. I still can use that advice from someone if such advise exists, and I hope that was "humble" enough for some.
    Well, the $400 you have there would be an aimpoint pro. A good optic.
    Skip the grip pod and laser.
    No need for either of those.

Most people offer this advice because they've been through it and have a drawer full of useless junk they don't use.

Use whatever extra money you have for training, which is the most important part.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe Sam was using "trash-up" in the sense of dressing a good woman up like a cheap whore. Hanging junk on your gun will not damage the rifle. No one is telling you what to do. You asked for advice, and you are getting it.

I have to agree with the majority voice, enjoy the rifle you have the way it is until you can buy quality equipment.
    "Restricting the rights of free and law-abiding Americans is not a solution to anything, and only makes government and its force more powerful."
    -Gary Johnson

Owner of Wildwood Custom Woodworking, F-Class Rifle Stock Builder

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62WildBill View Post
    I believe Sam was using "trash-up" in the sense of dressing a good woman up like a cheap whore. Hanging junk on your gun will not damage the rifle. No one is telling you what to do. You asked for advice, and you are getting it.

I have to agree with the majority voice, enjoy the rifle you have the way it is until you can buy quality equipment.
    Maybe you're counting different than I am Bill. I counted 1 answer to my question, "Any suggestions on budget optics/lasers?", thanks Clem. A senior member who likes duct tape and blow up dolls. Been coached on taking ridicule humbly. And Sam. I'll clean my whore up over time. I counted 1..
    Last edited by j0ey2; 03-22-13 at 17:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just because the answer is not "Go buy X" does not mean someone is failing give you valuable information. There is an entire sub-forum dedicated to optics, and all the info you need to find a quality optic can be found there. If you just want a temporary "place keeper", a Primary Arms Micro Dot would be my suggestion, but they have been out of stock since December so...
    "Restricting the rights of free and law-abiding Americans is not a solution to anything, and only makes government and its force more powerful."
    -Gary Johnson

Owner of Wildwood Custom Woodworking, F-Class Rifle Stock Builder

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ey2 View Post
    Maybe you're counting different than I am Bill. I counted 1 answer to my question, "Any suggestions on budget optics/lasers?", thanks Clem. A senior member who likes duct tape and blow up dolls. Been coached on taking ridicule humbly. And Sam. I'll clean my whore up over time. I counted 1..
    Screw budget equipment, bro. Just spend that money on a good SureFire light, and a Vickers sling, and you should be good for the time being. It'll do way more for you than a Grip-Pod, and laser.

Lasers are useless unless you're running IR anyway.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Certainly not a rifle for me. I hope this doesn't signal a drop in quality from Colt.

Feedback Score
    The Colts rep seemed embarrassed and rushed to even talk about the little red headed bastard rifle. I had to push to get answers about the design author after reading here about the major visual breaks from conventional Colts. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Feedback Score
    I've handled a few of these, and to be honest, they didn't feel like Colt quality to me. They were roll marked differently, and there just was something missing. Racking the charging handle wasn't as smooth. The weapon didn't feel put together as well as, say a Colt 6920 or 6720. I know there's no scientific basis, but those are my subjective opinions. Many others I was with also agreed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Handled one today. I would be shocked if there were any important parts on it even made by Colt. This is clearly a subcontractor gun!

I didn't look at the BCG, but the lower I bet is not Colts machining or anodizing, the upper is not C marked but rather keyhole, the trigger was horrible, etc.

Thoroughly NOT IMPRESSED. Anyone looking for a cheap colt should look elsewhere. This is a Colt In Name Only

My LGS had one at $1100. Then told me it is supposed to compete with the S&W Sport. IMO it fails at that even. And my LGS are scammers.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast