Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Colt LE6900 Light Carbine?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It seems odd to me that taking off the forward assist and dust cover would really save money. Sure, you save a few cents in parts, but you also have to make a different upper receiver. A lot of times making things differently can cost more even if there are few parts on them.

Personally I would prefer to have a forward assist and not need it then the other way around. Even DPMS and bushmaster put these features on.

Feedback Score
    I too saw one today At a Sportsman Warehouse ($879). Now that prices are coming down I went with the intention of buying a quality AR if I found one at a fair price. I couldn't go for it.

Feedback Score
    anyone have any actual trigger time with a 6900? local shop has one and i am considering it as a basic, take kids and new shooters out to learn type rifle. i cannot find a sport with a 1/8 barrel and 1/9 twist is a deal breaker for me.

i take a lot of coworkers and inexperienced shooters out but it is hard to explain the value of the higher quality gun when they have no basis to compare it to a lower quality gun, they just see price first even after letting them shoot my modified glock, hk, custom build and higher end factory rifles, etc.

if i can show them it is a good starter rifle then they can progress from there if they so desire.

going to drift a little here, this happened this past weekend. a buddy of mine who has never owned a pistol decided to buy one and asked me about some. he was set on a high point because it was 200.00. he said thats all he wanted to pay for a handgun and after looking online it fit his price range. i told him in no uncertain terms that it was not something to consider and the bare minimum i recommend is a 9mm glock at 500 or so. i said meet me a a local shop friday so he could look at some guns. i had to leave before he came and he walked in 15 minutes before closing, let the staff know he was a friend of mine and that i told him to come there to buy. he then said where are your high points? the staff burst out laughing and said are you really a friend of majette's?

they talked him up into a sigma .40 for 300.00. the kicker is the guy is single, makes 70k a year and can buy any handgun in the store.

no matter how much we can demonstrate and give advice it is still hard for some people to get over what they consider sticker shock.

if no reviews of the 6900 come forward in the next few weeks i might be the guinea pig.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the wealth of information out there available, if anyone buys a High Point or a Sigma then they deserve it.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did Colt not discontinue these?

Feedback Score

We'll see ?

I did go back & buy the one I'd looked at earlier @ Sportsman's Warehouse. I am under no illusions about what it is or isn't. I mounted a 4 power compact scope and in a couple of sessions, 1st at 50 yards and the 2nd at 100 yards, no issues. Decent factory trigger(4.5 lbs, no creep). 1-1&1/2 inch at 100 yards with odds & ends of ammo. I'll build some match ammo, put big glass on the carbine and then I'll know more. I paid $879 and expect I got my moneys worth. Everyone else list them for more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cabelas has the LE6900 listed as on-sale in their retail stores for $749.99.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Any leads on where to find the stripped upper?
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    I recently did some looking around for the best price for a 6920. I was able to get one for $825 delivered, but most are about $100 more. The funny thing is that the best price I could find on a 6900 was $788 delivered. So, it seams that the street price difference between the 6920 and 6900 right now isn't much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    With the wealth of information out there available, if anyone buys a High Point or a Sigma then they deserve it.
    The S&W Sigma developed a well earned reputation for unreliability. Then, S&W fixed it with the VE series. I have one SW9VE and two SW40VE's. I paid about $250 for each and received a couple of extra mags for each from S&W. They all run 100%. Accuracy is good, the sights have big white dots, the grip feels nice, and recoil isn't bad at all. My only complaint would be the heavy triggers, but it's hard to complain given the price and reliability. My point here is that occasionally a manufacturer will fix what is broken. Still, it's hard to overcome a reputation.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617