Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6900 Light Carbine?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looking at Lipseys...

Single stage match trigger, 1:8, free floated.... I'm guess a completely non-milspec Colt.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Think SPORT with a FF tube.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is no harm in the 1/8 barrel. It makes the heavies more consistently usable, while keeping the lower range available as well.

Truth be told, only a small minority of shooters/owners truly benefit from the 1/7 twist.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I wish everything was 1/8"

1/7" is overkill unless you have a custom chamber and shoot 80gr VLD's

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bet it will be similar to the SW Sport or the DPMS Sportical meaning it probably does not have forward assist or dust cover. Interested to see if this is the only thing they will leave off or what. From the sounds of it I would assume it would be focused more on casual plinkers than those of us who are taking multiple carbine classes or carrying them as part of a job where it could be called on to save myself or someone elses life.
    So for 95% of shooters it would be fine.
    OIF 2003-2004
    Deputy Sheriff/Private Investigator

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saddlerocker View Post
    I wish everything was 1/8"

1/7" is overkill unless you have a custom chamber and shoot 80gr VLD's
    I've found 77gr fly fine but not better than 69gr out of my 1:8, but 75gr do not fly for shit from my 1:8, do work fine in 1:7.

So IMO, 1:7 is not limited to 80gr use.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    1/8 is a fine twist rate but I think I'd rather have a 1/7, truth be told. I am much more likely to be firing 70-80 grain rounds than the 40 grain "varmint" rounds.

Not much interest in this new Colt rifle or what? It's a barebones Colt "sport" on the cheap so I'm a bit surprised. If it does not have a dust cover or FA then that basically makes it unsuitable for a hard use gun, IMO. Forward assist is not necessarily a deal killer (I do prefer it though) but the lack of a dust cover is huge.
    Last edited by djmorris; 12-09-12 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post

Not much interest in this new Colt rifle or what?
    Hard to get excited when so little is known. Premature excitement is always disappointing to someone.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    If this is actually true then the 6920 for considerably more would serve no purpose, UNLESS of course they are cutting a lot of corners with this. So if this is actually going to see the light of day then it will most likely not be mil-spec and instead carry 1/8 twist rate, no dust cover or FA, no HPT/MPI, etc. My guess is that this is Colt's civilian/competition based rifle. This would also make sense since it says it has a free floating barrel; most likely a barebones FF tube of some sort, as well as the match trigger.

Sounds interesting but if that's the direction they are going then I won't be touching it with a 10 foot pole.

edit: then again, I always thought the "LE" stood for Law Enforcement?
    I highly doubt Colt would bring out a rifle that would cut into their 6920 sales. I believe its a price point driven rifle marketed towards the sub $1k consumers who now will be able to have a Colt. I also believe it will be a quality rifle even with some lesser features because Colt has a reputation to uphold.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 12-09-12 at 14:51.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I highly doubt Colt would bring out a rifle that would cut into their 6920 sales. I believe its a price point driven rifle marketed towards the sub $1k consumers who now will be able to have a Colt. I also believe it will be a quality rifle even with some lesser features because Colt has a reputation to uphold.
    I agree. There's a large number of consumers who seem unwilling or unable to commit $1K to a rifle, and are choosing the cheaper models from other brands (some half-way decent, while others are dreadfully poor quality). It makes sense for Colt to attempt to break into this segment, where they haven't existed before. They seem to be doing more exploratory marketing and product development, as illustrated by the new 2013 models they showed in the recent video. Some of the new developments may appeal to people like us, while many will certainly not. Based solely on the limited specs, and not even a single picture, it doesn't look like this 6900 will be infringing on the 6920's domain.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast