Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy....saying hi and showing you guys my first build

Feedback Score
    Thanks Mistwolf, I have lived here for a long long time (2000 when my dad retired here). I plan on hitting the range this week to get it sighted in and run afew hundred rounds thru it mainly bench shooting, then I plan on linking up with afew of the guys I know in the local PD to get some training time in. I don't know of any classes in this area besides the Legion course. But i do know one of the county law enforcement firearms instructors and he told me he we could get together and run some drills and he could teach me afew things. I recently enlisted in the navy so ill be leaving soon (march next year). but i would like to get as much training in as i can. Is anybody on this forum living in this area i checked out the regional threads but most of the texas threads were pretty far from where i live, and the Killeen/FT Hood thread was kind of old

Zhurdan- I used to be a mechanic for Toyota so I have a nice STRONG magnetic pick up in my snap on box ( I kept all my professional tools...thank god) but as always im young and this lower is just lessons learned ill deff be doing things differently

TheHammerMan- I really like that idea next time ill deff be trying the bed sheets idea

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So you've had no formal training and you will carry this as a "rent-a-cop" at nightclubs?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Welcome to the forum!

If you are going to bet your life on this AR, I would have someone more experienced look it over and then shoot it for at least 200rds before using it.

C4

Feedback Score
    im not going to carry it until i qualify with it, as per company policy and it will stay in the vehicle until needed. I have had formal training through the company I work for just not as much as I feel comfortable with. We have mandatory training quarterly with sidearms, and qualify every 6 months on side arms and our shot guns (again not as often as i would like with firearms). I elected to have an AR as the Remington 870 i have only has a hard rifle case and is much much longer than an AR with a collapsible stock. I was planning on having my friend that does the fire arms training look it over for me.

Feedback Score

welcome

nice build

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am a little confused by this statement (see below) which seems to indicate that it will be in a vehicle until it is needed. Which to me implies an emergency.

How do you propose being effective with it if you have no training? Furthermore waiting until the SHTF is usually the wrong time to find out that your long gun skills suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_rookie_newguy View Post
    im not going to carry it until i qualify with it, as per company policy and it will stay in the vehicle until needed. I have had formal training through the company I work for just not as much as I feel comfortable with. We have mandatory training quarterly with sidearms, and qualify every 6 months on side arms and our shot guns (again not as often as i would like with firearms). I elected to have an AR as the Remington 870 i have only has a hard rifle case and is much much longer than an AR with a collapsible stock. I was planning on having my friend that does the fire arms training look it over for me.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Seems like a pretty solid build though. (I'd lose the BAD lever, but if it works for you, then I'd roll with it.)

If I were you, I'd try to put it through the 2k round test. Make sure it works.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 12-14-12 at 02:22.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12