Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yote gun build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did a Winter camo pattern once on a rifle. I started with a bright white base, with a dull finish, but then painted twigs on. Just a few. I loved it. If you dropped it into a snowbank, you better know where as it would disappear...

I got the idea off the Duracoat website. I liked their winter camo, so I did it myself.

As to a FH.... You need a suppressor for it... yeah.... Quiet Yote Whacker....
    Last edited by Dravur; 12-12-12 at 17:07.

Feedback Score
    MN is libtarded. We can't use lights with anything but shotgun, no night vision in possession of an uncased weapon, and no civilian ownership of suppressors.

My winter camo is white with lots of twigs in tan/brown/black. It's extremely effective with snow, but sucks without it. My goal changed from making this a snow pattern to making it blend with my trees (I have a denseforest). If I could make the gun look like a fallen aspen, it'd vanish any time of year.

Feedback Score
    Got it to the range tonight.

10 round group @ 25 yards. (indoors)
    Last edited by FJ540MN; 12-17-12 at 04:36. Reason: changed link for pic

Feedback Score

Unhappy Hey every 1

I have a Remington 700 SPSV in .308 with a Nightforce Scope and I'd recomend it for this....

Not as fun as an AR, but its a tackdriver....

was shooting the target flippers at the 100 yard mark and some old guy asked if he took take a look... I said sure.. Handed it too him; while he was looking at it, I said feel free to take a few shots if you want and let me know what you think...

He shot it a few times, smiled and said I should be ashamed of myself, shooting this thing @ only a 100 yards is like taking a Nascar to a Go-Cart track to race... LOL....
    Last edited by zeeshan; 02-05-13 at 03:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan View Post
    I have a Remington 700 SPSV in .308 with a Nightforce Scope and I'd recomend it for this....

Not as fun as an AR, but its a tackdriver....

was shooting the target flippers at the 100 yard mark and some old guy asked if he took take a look... I said sure.. Handed it too him; while he was looking at it, I said feel free to take a few shots if you want and let me know what you think...

He shot it a few times, smiled and said I should be ashamed of myself, shooting this thing @ only a 100 yards is like taking a Nascar to a Go-Cart track to race... LOL....
    I bet you have a small penis too.

Ever seen what the pelt damage is on a yote with a .308?

I have a Cooper model 21 Phoenix in .25-06 but I only have a 6-18x40 Side Focus Nikon Buckmaster scope (not as glorious as a NF) that I can put 5 rounds into the size of my thumbnail @ 100yds shooting prone. There's no point in using it though, because the pelt would be trashed. Not only that, it's freaking HEAVY and not fun to hump around all day, which is pretty much the definition of yote hunting. It's like golf with guns - lots of walking, not a lot of action.

Besides that, I have one spot on my property where I can actually shoot 100yds right now - everything else is dense woods and 60yds is about max effective range. You'd never get a bullet any further through the underbrush.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ540MN View Post
    I bet you have a small penis too.

Ever seen what the pelt damage is on a yote with a .308?
    Come on, dude. Ease off the uncalled for negativity and show us what your build can do at a 100. Not everyone shoots coyotes for pelts.

Feedback Score
    Considering the guys first post is "Hey, I see you drive a chevy. You should get a porsche like I drive." I think I was pretty civil.

I'm in Minnesota. The only metro gun ranges that are 100yds are member only (I have 84 acres 2 hours away, so no, I'm not a member) and buried in at least 12" of snow.

I'm also waiting for some more toys to arrive before I head up north to my place. Maybe you can nag PSA to ship my upper and stock kits?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I think he was just discussing things and wanted to plug his own build but wasn't beating his chest about it too much.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nice! That khaki is sexy, hows the weight with that heavier barrel? Still manageable offhand?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Since it's only an 18" barrel, the weight balances really well with a loaded mag. It's only slightly front heavy without a mag.

The White Oak heavy profile is also not quite as heavy as some other's I've had, so it's really not bad at all. I haven't weighed it, but it's probably not much over 8#. I should stick it on the scale.

ETA: weighed it last night and it's 9# on the nuts without a mag inserted.
    Last edited by FJ540MN; 01-11-13 at 23:27.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12