Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Which caliber to get 308 or 338 Lapua

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
    so shooting 10,000 rds ain't gonna happen soon with either gun..
    ... and that's something people will now keep in mind while reading this thread upon viewing your praises of savage.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    What 338 do you own?
    I shoot a Rem 700 Police. It a friends and I shoot it enough to like it. Over any 300 mag I have shot. I own a old 300 Weatherby mag, it was my dads. I really don't care to shoot it. Over the years I have owned Rem 700 target and varmit models in 308 and 30/06.
    Last edited by SteveS; 01-22-13 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I shoot a Rem 700 Police. It a friends and I shoot it enough to like it.
    I see. Just checkin.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    What model Savage and Rem were you shooting?
    I didn't see it as luck of the draw. I saw it as a consistent, predictable result.

My main 700 is a PSS in .308 that has been re-bedded and the trigger lightened and tuned. I've also shot a couple hundred rounds through a few other 700s, and other brands. There was a time a few years back, when I was trying to work up a handload that would shoot better than Federal Gold Medal Match. I went to the range 3-4 times a week for more than a year. This was, of course, before I had a wife and kid. There was a group of around two dozens regulars, and we all became friends and talked guns and shot each others guns. This is the main area where I gained experience shooting other brands and calibers. Plus listening too, and learning from some of those old "salty dogs" was truly a privilege and an honor. They taught me a lot, and demonstrated a lot. I also shot a few benchrest competitions with my unconventional caliber (unconventional for bench rest anyway), and gained some valuable experience that way.

I'll never have the amount of experience of someone like Greg, but I've seen what I've seen, and feel I have enough trigger time with enough guns to form a reasonable opinion about which platforms I prefer.

Feedback Score
    ahhhh, ok.... thanks for answering my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    I didn't see it as luck of the draw. I saw it as a consistent, predictable result.

My main 700 is a PSS in .308 that has been re-bedded and the trigger lightened and tuned. I've also shot a couple hundred rounds through a few other 700s, and other brands. There was a time a few years back, when I was trying to work up a handload that would shoot better than Federal Gold Medal Match. I went to the range 3-4 times a week for more than a year. This was, of course, before I had a wife and kid. There was a group of around two dozens regulars, and we all became friends and talked guns and shot each others guns. This is the main area where I gained experience shooting other brands and calibers. Plus listening too, and learning from some of those old "salty dogs" was truly a privilege and an honor. They taught me a lot, and demonstrated a lot. I also shot a few benchrest competitions with my unconventional caliber (unconventional for bench rest anyway), and gained some valuable experience that way.

I'll never have the amount of experience of someone like Greg, but I've seen what I've seen, and feel I have enough trigger time with enough guns to form a reasonable opinion about which platforms I prefer.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    ahhhh, ok.... thanks for answering my question.
    Anyone with half a brain knows that your opinion won't be swayed by inconvenient facts. You are a savage man, through and through. How ridiculous does it seem when you see someone beating the drum for a product, when it has been revealed he has next-to-zero experience from which to draw any conclusions at all?

So you should feel honored that he even felt like acknowledging you, and save your for those ignorant enough to follow your "guidance" or listen to your opinions.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Ya know what Greg, you are obsessed with this Savage stuff... chill out, I'm not, I just bought a new Rem 700 and love it... you sound like Obama, you keep saying the same shit over and over till you believe anyone that mentions Savage is pushing them. I've said nothing to push Savage over Rem, I simply asked for clarification on statements that seemed randome repetition with no actual confirmable data. I'm not pushing Savage or anything else. But I am pointing out that not everyone is out to shoot 10,000 rds per year. Because I am a noob, by your words, and because I shoot occassionally for fun at this time, doesn't mean you have to attack me or anyone else in this thread or other threads everytime I or someone else mentions Savage or any other brand besides your desired choice. Chill out. Oh ya, I'm 59 years old, so I hope my vocabulary doesn't offend you. As for your offer to sell your services or product in every thread.... I will never do business with someone with your aggressive attidude. You attack and belittle everyone that doesn't say the right thing in your opinion. No doubt you have alot to offer, but your delivery sucks. Have a good day..

Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Anyone with half a brain knows that your opinion won't be swayed by inconvenient facts. You are a savage man, through and through. How ridiculous does it seem when you see someone beating the drum for a product, when it has been revealed he has next-to-zero experience from which to draw any conclusions at all?

So you should feel honored that he even felt like acknowledging you, and save your for those ignorant enough to follow your "guidance" or listen to your opinions.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    As for your offer to sell your services or product in every thread.... I will never do business with someone with your aggressive attidude. You attack and belittle everyone that doesn't say the right thing in your opinion.
    If I gave a singular shit, I'd have a middle-of-the-road don't-offend-anyone attitude like many other outfits in the industry. Fact is, I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it because I've seen far too many people be led astray by unsubstantiated bullshit being spewed forth by people with no experience, at great expense to those being led astray. If that offends peoples feminine sensibilities, I could care less. I've found the only people getting offended by my "delivery" are those that have no experience anyway. So who gives a shit?

No doubt you have alot to offer, but your delivery sucks. Have a good day..
    Very telling. "Hey, you seem to know what you are talking about, but you hurt my feelings... whaaaaaa." Am I suppose to take anything else away from that statement?

There are people with experience, and people without. You are all pissed off because I stomp on your face every time you harass someone about savage rifles. You claim you've searched and cant find any reports of savages failing. It would take me less than a 10 second google search to find at least FIFTY different reports of triggers locking up, bolt heads falling off, actions locking shut, etc etc etc. I've posted many of these stories on THIS VERY FORUM.

The only people that don't like my "delivery" are people with an agenda to push, or those that resist facts at all cost. I've been VERY successful at helping people get equipped for, and learn how to engage targets at distance. Those people absolutely love the fact that I don't sugar coat things with a layer of bullshit. I tell them how it is, and it saves them countless hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

I'm not selling life insurance. I don't have to sell what I'm offering. People want it. All they need is someplace they can trust to help them out. THAT is what I do in those threads that you call "sales pitches." When I see someone in need of something, and I can help them, I will let them know. Those that have used us for anything appreciate the direct no-bullshit approach to their problems that you are happy to condemn.

Thankfully for me, refusing to play the middle of the road for the sake of money keeps the idiots away and leaves more room for customers that want to be told the truth learned as a result of hundreds of thousands of rounds of experience. They've heard the sales pitches and been lead down the wrong path enough times while being lead by dickheads spouting bullshit on forums, and they quite tired of it.

For you to claim people are just badmouthing savage and have no actual evidence is complete bullshit and shows a gross lack of research on your part. Complete refusal to grasp things being put forth by people with 10x your experience is also borderline ridiculous.

You want proof? ENROLL in a class somewhere that will have you putting at least 600-800 rounds through that savage in a single weekend. THEN you'll likely have your proof. You'll invariably be led to the same conclusion that everyone else is when their rifles are subjected to high volume use.

Winchester
    Tikka
    Remington
    Howa
    Savage

All of the companies listed above offer rifles in the sub-$1000 price ranges. Of all those listed, savage has the most-deserved bad reputation in the industry, and it isn't because they don't have problems with their rifles. Just because you haven't received the "proof" that you require, doesn't change the fact that this is so.

So it's not the fact that you are openly saying savage is better than remington. It's the fact that you seem intent on continuing to ask your question UNTIL you get an answer that supports your opinion.

Lucky for you, I have lots of competent competition in the firearms industry, and you'll NEVER be forced to buy anything from us. I bet there are a great many that will rub your fuzzy feelings for the sake of getting in your wallet. Yet when you go in search of a company that specializes in helping people put the first round on a target at distance with the most efficiency and least amount of money wasted... that list dwindles very quickly.

While I could just sit in the corner while you belittle someone by rolling your eyes for not answering your question the way you see fit... I'll go ahead and stick up for that guy whom clearly gets it, while you clearly do not.

after reading actual Savage experienced responses here, the so-called experts have been exposed...
    And then there is this, where you are praising a 17yr old kid while he's talking up savages...
    Oh and by the way.... for the record..... I think you are wise beyond your young age.. you seem to have been able to see the twiggs through the trees here...
    ... yet inconveniently found to be a kid whom bought his FIRST RIFLE not 6 months prior.

It's you who's been exposed, and now you find it uncomfortable. Well good. So you keep championing savage every chance you get, and refusing to see the facts presented by those with more experience than you. I'll be right behind you to set the record straight. We'll end up with a good balance.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your response Greg.... it's a mouthful... but I didn't have to read it all... you have no clue about me.. That's my response.. good luck in your endeaver, too bad most of what you say about me is your BS... not mine.
    Jack C.
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your response Greg.... it's a mouthful... but I didn't have to read it all... you have no clue about me..
    Responding without knowing what you're responding to because you failed to read it? That would explain why you still continue to have these savage questions, when the answers have been provided over and over again.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast