Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA M-7 Classic

Feedback Score

SA M-7 Classic

So, I was trying to buy an Arsenal SA M-7 Classic locally but the deal fell through after someone outbid me.

I'm not sure if I should just walk away or come back with another offer.

I know the Classics can be had for 2k plus but I almost had it 1,500. So, I find it hard to make another offer but the fact that this is an earlt production model and the talks of another weapons ban are swaying my decision.

I'm not going to ask you what I should do instead ask that you tell me to do it. So, I feel better about my poor negotiating skills.

Almost forgot to tell you he was asking fro 1,750 and I offered 1,500 which he accepted. Afterwards, someone came along and offered him 1,850 so he says.

Thanks,
    John C.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's the round count? Even before the rush those were going for near $2k and over new. Personally, my advice would be to forget it and find an SLR-101S for half the price. I've never thought that being machined on American CNC machines made it any better than Bulgarian machining and they come from the same blanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So this isn't on an online bidding site? He agreed to $1500 then blew you off after he received another offer?

I would pay up to $2000 for it because you will never be able to get them again but I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhivago99 View Post
    What's the round count? Even before the rush those were going for near $2k and over new. Personally, my advice would be to forget it and find an SLR-101S for half the price. I've never thought that being machined on American CNC machines made it any better than Bulgarian machining and they come from the same blanks.
    I was told it was never fired but the pics I attached are not close ups. So, I will have to inspect it if I get the chance. I was thinking of walking away but with all the talk of another weapons ban and the fact that this is an early production model.

I think I read on here that the models made earlier in production were different but can't remember why. I do notice that the charging handle/bolt do not have the black finish that other rifles have which were made later on.

On the flip side, I was thinking of getting a cheap shooter and spending more bucks down the road when I know more about them.

Hell, I was going to buy myself a shotgun for xmas but saw a WASR for sale online. Then found this Arsenal and started doing more research now hear I am.

To tell you honestly, I don't know if its worth it being new to AKs and all.
    Last edited by serio27; 12-22-12 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    So this isn't on an online bidding site? He agreed to $1500 then blew you off after he received another offer?

I would pay up to $2000 for it because you will never be able to get them again but I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.
    I'm still trying to negotiate with the guy but trying to convince someone they should keep their end of the bargain and sell it to me for less money. I just don't see that happening but we'll see. I'm waiting for his response and will take it from there.
    Last edited by serio27; 12-22-12 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you want a milled AK they are really nice, no doubt about it. I own an SLR-101S and I've fired SA M-7s before. Believe me when I say there is not a $1k difference in feel or performance. Fit and finish is a bit better, but in the end that has no appreciable effect on end use if you intend to shoot it a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhivago99 View Post
    If you want a milled AK they are really nice, no doubt about it. I own an SLR-101S and I've fired SA M-7s before. Believe me when I say there is not a $1k difference in feel or performance. Fit and finish is a bit better, but in the end that has no appreciable effect on end use if you intend to shoot it a lot.
    Thank you for that! This is exactly what I wanted to know. I am looking for a shooter but would prefer to buy one nice rifle instead of starting a collection of cheeper rifles.

For instance, I have been trading/shooting pistols for a while now to find that perfect piece. I ended up with a few HKs they feel the most comfortable in the hand and always go bang. Sure they are more expensive but I feel they are worth it. I just cant say the same about AKs since I have no experience shooting any of them.

Guess I need to get my hands on some to find out for myself. I also was thinking about getting an AK with a milled receiver then adding wood to it later. Thats just my preference I like the classic look.

Thanks again

Feedback Score
    Also, the ban-era SA-93 is the same rifle without a lower stock tang, muzzle threads, and a modified gas block and front sight.

For $100 in parts and some labor (and 5 922r U.S. parts, to be fussy) you can have an identical rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OODA_Loop View Post
    Also, the ban-era SA-93 is the same rifle without a lower stock tang, muzzle threads, and a modified gas block and front sight.

For $100 in parts and some labor (and 5 922r U.S. parts, to be fussy) you can have an identical rifle.
    I would also rather take a converted SA-93 over one of Arsenal's Classics any day. It is built at the factory and comes with serial numbers on the parts unlike the Classics; not to mention in the end you end up paying less.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post

This! And they are an extremely nice AK, built on all Bulgarian tooling. My SA M7 Carbine is an outstanding shooter and a rifle I will never part with.

There is a reason why people pay that kind of money for them, its because they are THAT nice. Come to think of it, with the exception of pre-ban Poly Legends, they might be the nicest milled AK's on the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast