Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scar 17 p mags, sand down to fit. ?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucker View Post
    I thought these were supposed to be released in Sept/Oct. Is it still in testing?
    They are trickling out. I was going to buy the other lower still in development but as I have 10 FN mags, I'm in no rush.

I think there are "no confirmed reports" of PMAGs damaging SCAR bolts because most people either (1) stop using them quickly as they won't work without a 10 second modification - the area in the rear of the magazine is curved vice square and the SCAR bolt catch engages further to the left side of the magazine compared to the AR platform, (2) hear about the issue early and either don't use PMAGs or mod them.

Most 16 just don't work with unmodified PMAGs, I think it's a more rare combo where the bolt catch is just slightly raised, still allowing the weapon to function but cause some cosmetic damage to the bolt. And as the problem is widely known now, most just avoid it. Personally, I sold most of my PMAGs, keeping only 4 - 30s and 8 - 20s. I really like the 20s for bench shooting, and 2 30s are modified and in a Maglink as my grab magazine for the SCAR or Noveske AR. the rest of the PMAGs are mod'ed as well but just beater range mags. I personally prefer D&H and FN factory metal mags in the 16 and have a bunch of those.

WRT the 17, you can modify the lower as Wagnasty did. SCAR lowers are pretty cheap if you can find them (@$60), but like I said, I prefer factory FN 17 mags. Obviously recent events make them hard to find, but hopefully this comes to pass. Either way, 10 mags should last me awhile. I've only used 4 thus far and as they have been thourghly tested, I'll open two more for range mags and have 4 spares. I'll pick up another 6 if prices come back to reality.

Rhino
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 12-22-12 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    My SCAR must be the exception to the rule. I primarily use unmodified pmags, since 2010, and I've had zero failures or damage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucker View Post
    I thought these were supposed to be released in Sept/Oct. Is it still in testing?
    Sorry for the misleading wording. What I mean't is that the users who have received them are generally happy, exceping a few reports of bolt catch problems.

As far as Pmags and the 16, check this:

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-16...-all-mags.html

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    I pick up my SCAR 17 tomorrow and grabbed 6 new mags from the FNH Store last week for 40 bucks each and they threw in a free T-Shirt.

Don't take this wrong but I think only a Idiot would take a 2700-3000 dollar rifle and try "rigging" mags that are NOT made for it because you're too cheap to buy the correct Magazines.

Oh...and nice Video.... Man with a Roto Tool...look out!!
    About time! Nothing like waiting till the last minute...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123