Thread: 14.5 Carbine

Feedback Score

14.5 Carbine

I understand I need to have my FFL fill out form #4 to buy this length of carbine. 200.00 for a stamp. Do I need to fill this out ahead of time of does it happen at time of rifle delivery and paperwork process?

If I am way off here, I need advice please. Also does this "stamp" cover the price of a suppressor in the future, or is that another 200.00
    Move!
    -Sonny Puzikas

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Brian,

There's much more to the form 4 than just filling out a form. If you purchase as an individual you will need passport photos, fingerprints and chief LEO approval. Or you can go the route of purchasing it through a firearm trust. Use the search feature to read on the issue. Also you need to pull the NFA handbook off the BATFE Website.

You will pay for the rifle, as well a pay the $200 tax at the time of purchase. You will also have to do the same if you ever buy a suppressor.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wouldn't bother stamping a 14.5" gun. just pin a extended muzzle device.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It can't be just any FFL. You probably know that, but just making sure. Have him walk you through the process. It's not a difficult process, but it's best to have somebody who knows what they're doing help you through the paperwork. To transfer the SBR to you, it will be $200 for the stamp. When you buy your suppressor, you'll go through the same process and pay another $200. Then you'll wait 6+ months for your paperwork to come back.
    Last edited by Black; 01-18-13 at 17:08. Reason: More info

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    To be perfectly honest, the NFA route is not very difficult to do; however, I was a little intimidated by the process. But after reading way too many boards and seeing all the cool stuff out there, I threw caution to the wind and decided to go the Trust Route. I contacted guntrustlawyer.com, and because I was in the State of Florida, it was an easy job. My trustee and I had all the forms notorized, I sent off my first lower to get engraved by Orion Arms, filled out the Form 1, and sent a copy of the Trust, Certification of Compliance, Two copies of my Form 1's, and a check for $200. six months later I have my first stamp, and now I am in the process of getting my third and fourth stamp. The process is not difficult, but it is time consuming. My advice is to read up as much as you can on the process, get familiarized, and try to do it. The only bad part is that it a "little" expensive.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    I wouldn't bother stamping a 14.5" gun. just pin a extended muzzle device.
    This. I have a Noveske 14.5 pinned to 16" with a Blackout 51T mount. Great gun.

If you are going to SBR, get something worthwhile in the 10-12" region.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Use the search button and the links that were posted by Poly. Everything you asked is NFA 101.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com