Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFA newbie- dedicated suppressed 11.5" build questions

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneinhisroom View Post
    Yes, it is. What are the disadvantages to having the wrong gas port but compensated with the right buffer and spring?
    If it is dedicated suppressed, why would you need the ability to go from a "suppressed" setting to an "un-suppressed" setting like what the switchblock provides? Not to mention the cost difference and rail limitation that you run into vs something like the SYRAC...

As for the buffer/spring game, it's a bandaid because it does nothing for the amount of gas that is coming through the gas system. The heavier buffers and springs only slow down the carrier group enough to avoid beating your gun to death...not to mention that after a while the port will erode, and you may need to step up to heavier springs and buffers...but what if you're already at the heaviest you can go?

I personally would rather tune the gas system to run whatever buffer combo I choose the the "exact" gas pressure you want. The plus side is that the port size doesn't matter at all when you can adjust the gas flow down with an adjustable block.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks, so basically, you recommend getting the SYRAC and tuning the flow to whatever buffer spring combo I choose.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Thanks, so basically, you recommend getting the SYRAC and tuning the flow to whatever buffer spring combo I choose.
    Yes. Mostly because you can tune it exactly how you want it, it is cheaper than a switchblock, and you don't limit yourself on the length/type of rail.

SYRAC or the Wilson Combat...but like I said I only have experience with the SYRAC and don't really know if the Wilson is even available yet since I just heard about it a couple days ago.

I currently have a standard carbine spring with standard carbine buffer, but Grant has told me that even an H3 may be better as far as recoil goes...per his experience with small ports and dedicated suppressed setups...

Also, another thing to note...and this may be getting more complicated than you wanted lol, but I'm running an LMT Enhanced carrier with standard bolt. Reason for this is that the Enhanced carrier allows you to run the gas system to an even lower pressure than with a standard carrier. I can't tell you specifically why it allows for this, but it has something to do with a different cam angle that allows the bolt to unlock later than the standard...or something like that
    Last edited by Ironman8; 12-17-12 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This what I'm considering on my 10.3"

As was mentioned above, the spring and buffer only slow the cyclic rate. I'm a lefty and I get a bunch of gas in my face. After a while it wears on the eyes.
    Last edited by Rodman24; 12-17-12 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for all the help! Will be getting the SYRAC then.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Not a problem, glad I could help.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Not a problem, glad I could help.
    Here's a new questions fro ya- clamp on or set screw? I have now ordered a Noveske 10.5" upper so I'm assuming the barrel will be dimpled for the set screws? Would you stake the screws, I hear Lock Tite will not work at operating temperatures.

Lastly- what kind of lubricant for a direct thread on suppressor?

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Hate to revive a dead thread but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I have an 11.5 bcm that's currently running a standard carbine spring with a spikes t2 buffer. Is this the correct setup? Only asking because I keep hearing about blue and green springco springs and such. Just curious I suppose.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's very personal to me, but shitcan that spikes buffer and get an H2

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I would run either the A5 set up or a blue carbine Springco spring and an H2/H3 buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post
    Hate to revive a dead thread but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I have an 11.5 bcm that's currently running a standard carbine spring with a spikes t2 buffer. Is this the correct setup? Only asking because I keep hearing about blue and green springco springs and such. Just curious I suppose.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast