Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction; John Thomas of Retro Arms Works

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Introduction; John Thomas of Retro Arms Works

Gents

It's time to let you in on a little secret I recently discovered - searching other forums and various places on the Internet I happened to stumble across the guy we have all been waiting for ; the Neo or Chosen One for Retro AR's

His name is John Thomas a recently retired career Air Force veteran ( which is fitting due to that service being the first to adopt the AR15 in sizeable numbers ) and his business is Retro Arms Works

He builds museum quality replicas of early AR's - and trust me when I tell you museum quality; I have seen several of the guns he builds clones of in the KAC collection ( the worlds finest AR collection) and John's clones are superb

I am going to highlight Johns work on TacTV next season as he is building me a clone of Armalite AR15 serial number 000003 from the Black Rifle book ( pages 76,68, and 69) - I'm confident it won't be the only early replica he builds for me

Expect John to pop on here soon to post pics- stand by cause his stuff is dynamite

Enjoy the view.....

LAV

Feedback Score
    Larry, thanks very much for the kind words, and for steering me to this group. It is greatly appreciated, but don't get too carried away, you'll make my head swell up.

Anyway, some photos of my work follow, but I can't take the credit for all of the work. I'm fortunate to have a great engraver that helps me out tremendously on my projects. Beyond that aspect, I anodize, parkerize, mount front sight bases, pin/weld muzzle devices, shorten/thread barrels, reprofile barrels, modify and make parts in the spirit of the early rifles, apply the mottled brown finish to stock sets, apply "601 green" to stock sets, and a lot of "custom-type" request work.

Enjoy the photos, and if you have questions, you can contact me at: jntmjt1@yahoo.com

(Just as a side note, everything pictured below is non-NFA, what appears to be an auto-sear pin is actually just a circle stamped in the surface of the lower)

Last edited by jntmjt1; 12-15-12 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Very cool. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    I'm very happy to see you here. I've followed your work elsewhere and it's nothing short of impressive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent work for sure. Looking forward to that episode.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Beautiful work.

What model does the "Shop Test Only," L1A1 carry handle rifle replicate?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jntmjt1 View Post

This with this would be AWESOME.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    I would love to have one of those top charging models.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Cool.

I could see myself blowing some money on an A1 clone.

Feedback Score
    So... these are functioning firearms?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast