Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: National 2 Gun League

Feedback Score
    nevermind, not worth it.

Sinestral, that last match vid you posted had some of the coolest shooting I have ever seen.
    Last edited by currahee; 12-17-12 at 13:41.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score

While different solutions to stages are sometimes interesting, I find it to be generally over rated. I hate memory game stages that are more about planning each shot and each foot placement than shooting skills. If air gunning each stage 5-6 or more times is a necessity to do well, I lose interest. That's the kind of gaming I dislike. Some matches are more guilty of this than others. I didn't enjoy most of the USPSA matches I've shot because there was so much planning of shooting x y z targets through whichever port.

Generally the less rules a match has the better I feel it is. A lot of issues are resolved with proper stage design as long as the rule set doesn't prohibit it from happening. Standardized equipment rules, safety rules, and scoring are all that a national organization needs. Matches are a product and they need to be able to cater to their local markets. Club As 2-gun match might have a different emphasis due to stage design than Club B. I'm only interested in getting involved with a national organization if the local creativity isn't stifled.

Feedback Score
    I like it. Especially the ranking/classification system. That is what got me into USPSA....one website where you could see all of your matches and I generally like how they do the classification. Like others, the shotgun has probably kept me from shooting 3-gun as I just didn't want to invest time/money into that platform. I've got a shotgun for skeet/5-stand and bird hunting, but that is pretty much it. I will be interested to see how this turns out.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SinistralRifleman View Post
    If air gunning each stage 5-6 or more times is a necessity to do well, I lose interest. That's the kind of gaming I dislike.
    Same here dude. It's "common knowledge" that you show up a day in advance to level 2-3 pistol matches to walk the stages. Who has time for this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I hear someone complain about gamers, I wonder how they feel about 'gamers' like Rob Leatham and Jerry Barnhart's role in training up the special operations community over the past 20-30 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    When I hear someone complain about gamers, I wonder how they feel about 'gamers' like Rob Leatham and Jerry Barnhart's role in training up the special operations community over the past 20-30 years.
    Action shooting sports and high end competitors no doubt have advanced small arms technology and improved shooting techniqes for real world use.

We're talking about the conduct of matches themselves and rule sets.
    Classification systems can result in people that only practice classifiers for the title (grand baggers). They also result in people that deliberately shoot worse so they can win B class rather than placing in the middle of A (sand baggers). Ever see someone deliberately knock off their hearing protection to get a reshoot? Or purposely back into an RO to cite RO interference? I've also seen the Jedi council of shooters get together and come up with some contrived reason to throw a stage out as unfair when no one else had a problem with it. I'm not taking about whatever goofy/strange/innovative way you choose to shoot a stage.

I've had fun shooting major matches the day before with ROs and half of what they do is make tweak the stages so people won't do ridiculous stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    All that other stuff is really gay, but sanding and granding is a non-issue to me. Grandbaggers shooting just to get a GM/M card? I really don't care,it dosent effect me. Sandbaggers "taking" my 1st place C/B away? Well, he still beat me. It's impossible to know if that guy who won B class is a "actual" B or not,maybe he is sandbagging, or maybe he recently got a new press or took a class from Sevigny or Steoger a month out from the match. I've shot USPSA for like 2 years now, but only seriously and as a member since june. I don't compare myself to the next class,I compare myself to No.1 guy. At local matches, 1st overall,at major and sectionals,1st in production.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    All that other stuff is really gay, but sanding and granding is a non-issue to me. Grandbaggers shooting just to get a GM/M card? I really don't care,it dosent effect me. Sandbaggers "taking" my 1st place C/B away? Well, he still beat me. It's impossible to know if that guy who won B class is a "actual" B or not,maybe he is sandbagging, or maybe he recently got a new press or took a class from Sevigny or Steoger a month out from the match. I've shot USPSA for like 2 years now, but only seriously and as a member since june. I don't compare myself to the next class,I compare myself to No.1 guy. At local matches, 1st overall,at major and sectionals,1st in production.
    Then why are you arguing for a ranking system?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Everything you have said as a response in this thread would suggest that you either don't want a national set of rules, or you would care if such a set of rules existed.

Personaly I could care less because we're going to keep running our multigun the way we want no matter what, and I won't go to IPSC matches. When I shoot I am shooting against my own expectations- not other people.
    Last edited by currahee; 12-19-12 at 11:24.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger_sxt View Post
    Then why are you arguing for a ranking system?

What, about how 1 person thinks means there shouldnt be a ranking system?
    Because I realize maybe not everyone has the mindframe I do? Maybe some people have physical impairments or join the sport late in life and 1st place A/B/C class means something to them?
    Because it's based off of the best run ever recorded?
    Maybe because classifiers are a good way of tracking overall progress with gun handling? They do mean something.Even the imfamous "paper GM" will still be a better shooter then like 99% of everyone else.

Everything you have said as a response in this thread would suggest that you either don't want a national set of rules, or you would care if such a set of rules existed.

Personaly I could care less because we're going to keep running our multigun the way we want no matter what, and I won't go to IPSC matches.
    I very much like shooting USPSA. The kind of match I would run would be kinda different, but thats because we already have USPSA, who wants a only slightly different flavor?

When I shoot I am shooting against my own expectations- not other people.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...&highlight=gun
    I got a monthly three gun match started with a mind to afford people who had defensive rifles more dynamic practice. It worked great for years before the gamers started showing up.
    I'm sensing some butthurt here.

As a reformed Tactical Timmy, I can tell you that whole mindset will get you nowhere fast. I shot IDPA/USPSA/Steel off the books for a year with my carry gear, and didnt make as near of progress as I have in the last 3 months. That whole mind frame exists because of mental barriers and insulation. I and others, would find every other reason to blame as to why these guys who wernt active duty and didnt have my cool little murican flag hat, but they where just plain better with gun handling and everything else. What did I blame? Guns,triggers,sights,my carry gear vs gamer shit,mouse fart ammo,football cleats,they were a RO/SO and knew the rulebook,I'm using [derp]TACTICS[/derp]!This isnt practical!Hey!Thats not fair, thats not how your sappose to do that!Cheater."

All that was just me giving myself reasons to suck and be ok with it. Once you understand how comps benefit you in a truly practical sense, and you are smart enough to leave everything else with in the fault lines, thats when you can say "**** I'm 77% of perfect, I have a long way to go".Some people never grow out of that,even some at very high places. If people just want a social training group type of thing, coo, but a National 2 gun competition league is prob going to be national and a competition.

http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2012...-to-fight.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast