Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Carbine class: If you could pick only one......

Feedback Score
    Like so many have said, 'tough choice'.

Depends on what you're looking for really - Marksmanship/diagnostics or gunfighting. Both are needed. But which one is more important to you?

Concur with zushwa about the handgun.
    Tony Siciliano
    Senior Instructor
    LMS Defense, East Coast
    (813) 300-6588
    tonysiciliano@lmsdefense.com
    www.lmsdefense.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Why pick just one? You're unnecessarily limiting yourself.

No one instructor can give you everything. If the training is something you value, you owe it to yourself to try at least two different instructors of some reputation.

The contrast/corroboration between the two will teach you far more than you will learn from them individually.

Feedback Score
    Mabey it is simply that I relate better to Larry, he is a die-hard metal head
    Given THAT, and all the positive comments I've heard, that's a no brainer for me
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Siciliano View Post
    Depends on what you're looking for really - Marksmanship/diagnostics or gunfighting. Both are needed. But which one is more important to you?
    Who teaches "Marksmanship/diagnostics"? Why present this choice when it may not exist or, at least, hasn't been brought up on this thread? Diagnostics/gunfighting in five days at one location for a reasonable price is available now. Click here.

Then take whatever follow-on training that becomes available at a reasonable price.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LAV or Brian Searcy of TigerSwan. Training w/ LAV is the ****ing heat but TigerSwan does not get the airtime they deserve. I had the pleasure of training w/ CSM Searcy (Brian) in a rather small open class and learned an immeasurable amount. In a nutshell a higher round count however still the same standard of accountability and accuracy for every round fired. Not to mention Brian is one of the most genuinely nice people you will ever meet.

Shoot Hard

NS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
    I had the pleasure of training w/ CSM Searcy (Brian) in a rather small open class and learned an immeasurable amount. In a nutshell a higher round count however still the same standard of accountability and accuracy for every round fired. Not to mention Brian is one of the most genuinely nice people you will ever meet.

Shoot Hard

NS
    hmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I might have to try to get into one of the next classes he is teaching around here.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I might have to try to get into one of the next classes he is teaching around here.
    pm sent

Feedback Score
    HELLO!!!

http://www.greygrouptraining.biz/category_s/24.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zushwa View Post

Already saw it

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I will put a shout in for Insightstraining. I have been training with them off and on since 1997. There system is non diagnostic with as little branching in the skill sets as possible from their unarmed, knife, and pistol training. Have yet to take their carbine class.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345