Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stabilizing Brace for AR15 Pistol "SB15"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Lots of wrong info in this thread. A pistol can Never have a second vertical grip otherwise it is no longer a pistol. ARs are specified to need a barrel length minimum on top of the 26" oal other wise there wouldn't be a need to pin a 14.5" barrel because you could go down to a 11.5" barrel and still meet the 26" oal. Also the sig brace is NOT a stock so you can't measure from the rear of the STOCK to the end of barrel because again it is not a stock
    While true that a pistol can never have a second vertical grip, you can have a stock-less firearm with barrel length less than 16" and a second vertical grip if the overall length is greater than 26" without any NFA considerations. Such a firearm is not a pistol anymore, but it is also not a rifle. It's simply a "firearm." If such a firearm were less than 26" OAL, it would be an AOW.

http://www.franklinarmory.com/XO-26_Letter__c_.pdf
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    While true that a pistol can never have a second vertical grip, you can have a stock-less firearm with barrel length less than 16" and a second vertical grip if the overall length is greater than 26" without any NFA considerations. Such a firearm is not a pistol anymore, but it is also not a rifle. It's simply a "firearm." If such a firearm were less than 26" OAL, it would be an AOW.

http://www.franklinarmory.com/XO-26_Letter__c_.pdf
    For some reason I was thinking the Franklin Armory deal had a rescinded decision.
    Last edited by steyrman13; 05-28-14 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of the major draws of the AR15 pistol with the arm brace (to me) is the ability to keep is as a trunk gun and legally keep it loaded. Does that ability disappear when it becomes a "firearm" opposed to a "pistol"?
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 05-28-14 at 17:58.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    One of the major draws of the AR15 pistol with the arm brace (to me) is the ability to keep is as a trunk gun and legally keep it loaded. Does that ability disappear when it becomes a "firearm" opposed to a "pistol"?
    Depends on the state.

In my state I can keep a loaded rifle or pistol in my car as long as its concealed and encased.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Absolutely love the Sig brace!!!

Feedback Score
    Has anyone been questioned or bothered when using one of these at a public range?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabster View Post
    Has anyone been questioned or bothered when using one of these at a public range?
    Not yet!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Not yet!
    So you see a possible issue/confrontation being made in the future?

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    So you see a possible issue/confrontation being made in the future?
    A 'possible issue/confrontation' at a public range can include any manner of things (choice of caliber, rapid fire, drawing from holster, -the list is rather eternal). If some RO wants to whine about the Sig brace, it would not surprise me but that's hardly a reason to avoid getting one.

(disclaimer: I paid the $200 tax/waited the 90 days/got the stamp years ago for an SBR lower but am not sure why some have their panties in a knot against these Sig things - they save a lot of time/money)

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast