Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stabilizing Brace for AR15 Pistol "SB15"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
    A 'possible issue/confrontation' at a public range can include any manner of things (choice of caliber, rapid fire, drawing from holster, -the list is rather eternal). If some RO wants to whine about the Sig brace, it would not surprise me but that's hardly a reason to avoid getting one.

(disclaimer: I paid the $200 tax/waited the 90 days/got the stamp years ago for an SBR lower but am not sure why some have their panties in a knot against these Sig things - they save a lot of time/money)
    Nah, just curious. How he put an exclamation mark after 'not yet' made me think he was happy that he had not had an issue or was looking forward to a possible one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't go to a range per se. But I do worry about an over zealous LEO arresting me if they were to see the gun. Of course, I worry about over zealous LEO's when i concealed carry as well. I had a county sherriff's deputy tell me one time that he doesn't mind me concealed carrying as long as i don't mind sitting on the curb in hand cuffs for an hour.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbondave View Post
    I don't go to a range per se. But I do worry about an over zealous LEO arresting me if they were to see the gun. Of course, I worry about over zealous LEO's when i concealed carry as well. I had a county sherriff's deputy tell me one time that he doesn't mind me concealed carrying as long as i don't mind sitting on the curb in hand cuffs for an hour.
    I showed mine to a LEO the other day and all he had to say was "that is cool". That being said, the leo is also dating my aunt so that does make a difference.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headcase650 View Post
    Next question, does the SB15 count in OAL if using spacers on the KAK tube and letting the brace hang off the back of the tube?
    No, you would only measure to the end of the fixed tube, not the removable arm brace.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

New Stabilizing Brace for AR15 Pistol "SB15"

I like my sig brace pistol also. A wonderful option to have available.

Last edited by HKGuns; 08-20-14 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    Absolutely love the Sig brace!!!

I handled and fired one of these setups for the first time the other day while out shooting. Are you "absolutely loving" the Sig Brace or the ability it offers to run a shorty upper? This was my first experience shooting a short barreled upper with or without the Sig Brace.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabster View Post
    Has anyone been questioned or bothered when using one of these at a public range?
    I don't see how. I have two SBRs and I've yet to be hassled.

I still can't believe these are legal (but glad they are)

Feedback Score
    I still can't believe these are legal (but glad they are)[/QUOTE]

Or rather...I cant believe that SBR's and suppressors still require a stamp.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I showed mine to a LEO the other day and all he had to say was "that is cool". That being said, the leo is also dating my aunt so that does make a difference.
    I'd bet most including experienced RO's still have little idea what they are or what their purpose is let alone the technical implications to law good or bad.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    I'd bet most including experienced RO's still have little idea what they are or what their purpose is let alone the technical implications to law good or bad.

Exactly. SBR's are still illegal in Washington state for 10 more days I believe. Most cops have little interest in enforcing federal law unless it bisects with a state law... Which here it does. So that's why I worry that one could get a little hyper in the diaper over the TAC brace.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast