Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stabilizing Brace for AR15 Pistol "SB15"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilblackrifle View Post
    Have you shot a 7.5" 5.56 barrel with a muzzle device that directs the blast forward? I have and firsthand experience tells me the general disdain for this setup on this forum is unwarranted.

I get the velocity argument but noise, blast and reliability are not problems with a good setup.
    Totally agree, well said.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    True.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Update on the SBX Brace and the MPX pistol

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gears...p/?repeat=w3tc

Last edited by MarkB1; 06-24-14 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Have you shot a 7.5" 5.56 barrel with a muzzle device that directs the blast forward? I have and firsthand experience tells me the general disdain for this setup on this forum is unwarranted.

I get the velocity argument but noise, blast and reliability are not problems with a good setup.
    Nope, sure haven't. I have shot a Noveske Firepig on a 10.5" barrel, but not a 7.5" I've never seen one anywhere that I could actually shoot one, or any other brake/muzzle device/etc.

I think I have found a good deal on a Colt 6933 upper from a buddy. Who owes me money. Which he has not repaid me. So that little problem may just be solving itself.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

A 7.5 with a kx3 is indeed decent enough to be around. But the kx3 is so long and heavy, adding 2.3", why not just run a 10.5"? You gain an inch or so for better ballistics and you can mount a silencer.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    How far would you expect to shoot an AR pistol in the first place? Mine is strictly as a PDW and rocks it hard within 200-300 yards. And it's 7.5"

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    KIES Blast Master gives you noveske benefits without the high weight.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm going to be purchasing one of these braces for a build. I typically run my carbine stock one click in from fully extended. With that in mind, can someone point me to what buffer tube will be best? From the info in this thread, it doesn't seem that this brace will fit on a standard carbine tube?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    I'm going to be purchasing one of these braces for a build. I typically run my carbine stock one click in from fully extended. With that in mind, can someone point me to what buffer tube will be best? From the info in this thread, it doesn't seem that this brace will fit on a standard carbine tube?
    HIGHLY suggest you do some more reading and research, sir. You cannot legally put a carbine buffer tube on a "pistol".

These have special "slick" tubes with no provision for mounting a regular buttstock on it. (I.E. the six-hole bump on the bottom)

Be VERY careful when dealing with AR pistols...you don't want to be accidentally making an unregistered SBR or AOW.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    try looking here to start:
    http://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-par...-package-black

there are stackable spacers in 1" and 1/2" to move the brace back.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast