Thread: <16" barrel-only legal to own w/o stamp?

Feedback Score

<16" barrel-only legal to own w/o stamp?

Probably been discussed a thousand times, but I have to get my post count up before I can post in other forums, so...

I'm the proud owner of 4 complete rifles. I have no other lowers or uppers, nor do I intend to buy any. I notice that mostly shit barrels, super high-end barrels, and NFA barrels are about the only kinds left available, so I got to thinking about a mid-grade 11.5" or 14.5" to have around. Just the barrel, barrel nut, FSB, delta ring, and FH assembly without the upper receiver.

I'm not looking for a lawyer on this one (practically and figuratively). I would like to have a short barrel on hand in case SHTF, but only if I won't violate the current laws just having it around. I know a little about constructive possession and implied intent, but there seems to be a lot of grey surrounding this particular question. I'm curious if this issue is more than just 'better safe than sorry' or an actual no-no. I'm law-abiding, and that's why I am posting for your help in this matter. Thanks.

(I can swap a standard delta ring barrel in about 30min, tops)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Dude read more of the NFA section. And the "Grey Area" is whatever the ATF decides it is when they pay you a visit. Perception will become reality.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No, you don't HAVE to get your post count up, and if you do, it's only for TWO subforums, neither of which have any impact on the info you seek.

THIS subforum has a whole buncha stickied threads at the top that you skipped right past, in the rush to note that it's a question that's been asked a thousand times. The stickies serve as both a place for M4C policies/practices AND as a FAQ section. If you think of a question that might have been asked a thousand times before, hit them before creating a new thread.

Seek out the one marked "Knowledge Base Threads." There's also one similarly marked in the AR Technical subforum.

We also have a subforum entitled "NFA" for SBRs (Short Barreled Rifles) and the like.

EDIT: Dagnabbit, Voodoo, you're on the bounce, today...!
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons