Probably been discussed a thousand times, but I have to get my post count up before I can post in other forums, so...

I'm the proud owner of 4 complete rifles. I have no other lowers or uppers, nor do I intend to buy any. I notice that mostly shit barrels, super high-end barrels, and NFA barrels are about the only kinds left available, so I got to thinking about a mid-grade 11.5" or 14.5" to have around. Just the barrel, barrel nut, FSB, delta ring, and FH assembly without the upper receiver.

I'm not looking for a lawyer on this one (practically and figuratively). I would like to have a short barrel on hand in case SHTF, but only if I won't violate the current laws just having it around. I know a little about constructive possession and implied intent, but there seems to be a lot of grey surrounding this particular question. I'm curious if this issue is more than just 'better safe than sorry' or an actual no-no. I'm law-abiding, and that's why I am posting for your help in this matter. Thanks.

(I can swap a standard delta ring barrel in about 30min, tops)