Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: midwest industries extended quad rail install

Feedback Score

midwest industries extended quad rail install

Hello everyone i am new and ignorant about the m4 weapon so bear with me ..i would like to know is it hard to install a midwest industries extended quad rail mctar 17x on a colt m4 calif approved model.. do i need any special tools ..... i think i read that i have to remove the delta ring do i need a gunsmith for this install:

Feedback Score
    I'd say if you we're building a new rifle, to install whatever you want...and go for it. But, not to sound negative, but if you are asking people on here if you should DIY...or if "special tools" are needed...then you probably don't have the tools or skill to safely pull it off.

On a positive note, most gunsmiths will charge less than you can buy the tools to DIY for. I'd save the stress and send er' off to a competent gunsmith.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Here's a thread about it, says they just snap on.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by !Nvasi0n View Post
    I'd say if you we're building a new rifle, to install whatever you want...and go for it. But, not to sound negative, but if you are asking people on here if you should DIY...or if "special tools" are needed...then you probably don't have the tools or skill to safely pull it off.

On a positive note, most gunsmiths will charge less than you can buy the tools to DIY for. I'd save the stress and send er' off to a competent gunsmith.
    thanks boss went with the utg extended quad ...piece of cake 5 min install a lot easier than building my remote control heli from scratch... i dont like hammering on a gun barrel i dont care how it is secured to a work bench it might bend 1/1000 of an inch lol.......i dont know why colt made its forward sight with that pin to hold it in place
    Last edited by plutonium; 12-29-12 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why would you put an UTG rail on a Colt rifle?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    i dont know why colt made its forward sight with that pin to hold it in place
    Because that's the proper way to do it. Do yourself a favor and read the "stickies" at the top of the AR General and Technical sections.

Feedback Score
    It makes me wonder why somepeople even bother to ask for assistence?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post
    It makes me wonder why somepeople even bother to ask for assistence?
    Because they don't know what they don't know. We all have to start somewhere.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah.
    You should see my first thread!

One of two things will happen with these new members.
    They get buttsore and leave the site, pissing and moaning about elitist this and unfriendly that...
    OR
    They stop posting for a while and read, a lot.
    They shoot their rifles and learn from their mistakes.
    They search through knowledge based threads to find the answers that those of us sought in the beginning.
    They learn and become valuable members of this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A UTG drop in on a Colt, I just got a little sick in my mouth. But the upside is you still have a Colt and when the UTG fails and you do a little research hopefully you realize that DD and KAC both make very nice drop ins. Quality beats cheap everytime.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast