Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: midwest industries extended quad rail install

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by warner41 View Post
    A UTG drop in on a Colt, I just got a little sick in my mouth. But the upside is you still have a Colt and when the UTG fails and you do a little research hopefully you realize that DD and KAC both make very nice drop ins. Quality beats cheap everytime.
    Good luck.
    It's not a big deal as I have found that most people only learn from their mistakes. I have a small amount of expertise in the audio/stereo field and I have found that no matter what I say or how firmly I say it, only about 50% of those I give advise to heed it. Quite often, low price or a slick salesman will win out. In the end, it is not my money being wasted and everyone has just as much right to be wrong as the next guy.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Because they don't know what they don't know. We all have to start somewhere.
    yes we do have to start somewhere i am new to gun technology and i will learn. so you pros cut me some slack for asking questions....i see some folks like to be rude to newbies but its cool it just shows a persons class everyone thanks for the info

Feedback Score

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    It's not a big deal as I have found that most people only learn from their mistakes. I have a small amount of expertise in the audio/stereo field and I have found that no matter what I say or how firmly I say it, only about 50% of those I give advise to heed it. Quite often, low price or a slick salesman will win out. In the end, it is not my money being wasted and everyone has just as much right to be wrong as the next guy.
    the utg is an extended free float i will use this gun for range shooting not war but this is a hobbie if the utg fails i will step up thanks guys still learning ..........

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A thick skin is a prerequisite for this site. Also all members are encouraged to use the search feature. Believe it or not most questions people who are new to the AR have asked, have been asked before. Look on the bright side, at least you started off with an excellent rifle. That's more than I can say for myself, being a young buck with a brand new AWB and nothing but gunshop BS to guide me. We're in a new time with all the information available to us to help make an informed, educated decision. This site will be the best weapon in your arsenal. Hell, I didn't even have a computer when I bought my first AR.

Feedback Score

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Because they don't know what they don't know. We all have to start somewhere.
    thank you could not have said it better and i am just starting but it wont take long.....have you ever seen where a person had a scope on top of the gun and a red dot right on the side of the scope with a tri rail..... i guess i am thinking outside the box i guess i am really going to get it for asking this question from the pros on this site

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    A thick skin is a prerequisite for this site. Also all members are encouraged to use the search feature. Believe it or not most questions people who are new to the AR have asked, have been asked before. Look on the bright side, at least you started off with an excellent rifle. That's more than I can say for myself, being a young buck with a brand new AWB and nothing but gunshop BS to guide me. We're in a new time with all the information available to us to help make an informed, educated decision. This site will be the best weapon in your arsenal. Hell, I didn't even have a computer when I bought my first AR.
    thanks i will keep that in mind and ignore ignorant macho statements and yes i happen to talk to the right person before buying the colt m4..but also this is just a hobbie and i will do more research on this unit i have a .223

Feedback Score
    Never hesitate to ask questions, thats what the thick skin is for. My comment was a result of a late night and ease of finding the answer which led to bad judgement-Sorry.

It usually shocks me when I see how some newbies are treated here for not searching for the answer first. Now I understand a little, but still feel that asking is always better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    the utg is an extended free float i will use this gun for range shooting not war but this is a hobbie if the utg fails i will step up thanks guys still learning ..........
    Not being "rude" or "macho" but I know what it is and if you had done some research or asked about it you would have known, also. As I said, it's YOUR money.
    This isn't your run-of-the-mill internet gun site and some people here may be short in their answers but it is for your own good.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

researching

Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    Not being "rude" or "macho" but I know what it is and if you had done some research or asked about it you would have known, also. As I said, it's YOUR money.
    This isn't your run-of-the-mill internet gun site and some people here may be short in their answers but it is for your own good.
    makes sense that is what im doing reseaching for info and knowledge with you guys... i did do some research on the utg quad ...now i am sure some people lie but some said it can hold up pretty fairly but soon i will get a midwest ind extended quad and pay a gunsmith to install it. i am learning more everyday...... lot of info on the internet the reason i joined this site is because it concentrates on my gun....and it is not a run of the mill site.... that much i know for sure thanks
    Last edited by plutonium; 12-30-12 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    Never hesitate to ask questions, thats what the thick skin is for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast