Thread: CMC Flat Trigger vs Geissele 3 Gun Trigger?

Feedback Score

CMC Flat Trigger vs Geissele 3 Gun Trigger?

I've read reviews where people stated that they loved both. I've also come across one or two threads where people stated that their Geissele started doubling on them. Just wanted a little input from someone who has used both or anyone who has complaints about either.

Feedback Score
    Alright, CMC Flat it is.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you want instant service drive to Taco Bell and get a 6 pack of tacos.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

3 gun trigger

I dont want to confuse you and I have no experience with either of the triggers you are looking at, but I just put a wilson combat tr-ttu 3gun trigger in my colt le6920 and it is the best feeling trigger I have ever used. I am used to bolt action rifles with adjustable triggers but the wilson 3g is non-adjustable and very easy to install and breaks right at 3 pounds with no creep and the fastest reset i have ever seen. jmho

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Obviously it's not a 100% across the board opinion, but it's my firm belief that between a decent GI trigger, and the Geissele/ALG options there is zero reason to even think about something else.

Did someone somewhere have an issue? Maybe, I haven't seen the threads. But having shot the 3 gun trigger, I'd be willing to bet that a lack of good follow through caused them to hit the trigger again sending a second round as opposed to a double. It's pretty damn light and has a real short reset.

What kind of trigger do you want, and why?

Feedback Score
    The CMC is a good low(er) cost single stage trigger.

The Guiselle is just plain awesome... spend the extra money

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    What kind of trigger do you want, and why?
    This is going on my match gun, looking for something with little pretravel and quick reset. I found someone with the CMC Flat in stock so I went ahead and picked that up. If it turns out I don't like it, I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of it pretty quickly, then I'll try out the Geissele 3G.

The things that turned me away from the 3G were the reports of doubling, from a couple of different shooters, and also a few people stating that their 3G's didn't break very crisply, it was more of a rolling break.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX View Post
    This is going on my match gun, looking for something with little pretravel and quick reset. I found someone with the CMC Flat in stock so I went ahead and picked that up. If it turns out I don't like it, I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of it pretty quickly, then I'll try out the Geissele 3G.

The things that turned me away from the 3G were the reports of doubling, from a couple of different shooters, and also a few people stating that their 3G's didn't break very crisply, it was more of a rolling break.
    For reference, everything I own either has a upgraded trigger or trigger work. Few things can make you shoot worse than a bad trigger if your looking to keep groups small. Along with several Geissele's, a CMG 2 stage (doesn't work well for me), my other rifles have Timneys, Jard and some Jewells. There are differences in the triggers, but I can say that the market has certainly put pressure on value to trigger pull, creep, brake, consistency and ability to be light yet always fire a hard primer. In other words, you do unfortunately have to pay for what you get.

Doubling is usually resting the finger on a 3G or other light fast trigger and letting the gun float a bit. I am sure you seen people double of 1911s with improper finger control.

The 3Gs now ship with two springs, the light and a heavier version.

I use the 3G and SDEs (two stage) with Flat trigger blades. Both are great and more versatile than some people say. The 3G with flat trigger is like my high end 1911s crisp, short with a quick reset.

My 2cents - Get the Geiselle and don't look back.

Jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Diver160651A; 12-22-12 at 19:13.

Feedback Score

I (and and a friend as well) both have the CMC in the curved version. They are excellent and a real value, virtually no take up (slack), clean break & no over travel. Mine averages right at 3 lbs., 10 oz. on my Lyman digital scale. Were I to do it again I'd opt for the straight blade though. I have a 5-oz. & 5-oz. 2-stage straight style on one of my rimfire target guns with a thumb hole stock and it's great.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The people having problems with there 3g it is because of bump firing. Reports of break not being crisp or a rolling feel are dead wrong, and not used to that style of trigger. The break is very crisp.

I own a 3g, and a cmc 3.5#. The geisselle is in a whole other league. The cmc is not a bad trigger. The 3g is just better, and by a pretty large margin.

The cmc Will definitely be better than a standard trigger group. For what they cost i would rather buy a geiselle. You won't be disappointed the cmc is a good trigger.