Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Upper and Suppressor!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting.

I was thinking of getting one of those PAK light mounts and running it in the same manner you have there.

Do you thing it'd work well without the VFG? I like to mount my light above the axis of the bore, but I was hesitant to spend that much on a mount and not have it be all that I visioned it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Interesting.

I was thinking of getting one of those PAK light mounts and running it in the same manner you have there.

Do you thing it'd work well without the VFG? I like to mount my light above the axis of the bore, but I was hesitant to spend that much on a mount and not have it be all that I visioned it.
    I think it would work very well without the VFG. I have a non-offset VLTOR mount on my other upper and without the VFG, I can reach it, but my thumb falls more naturally above the axis of the rail, right where the DD mount would put it.

Giff
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rice View Post
    Looks good, Giff.

Just a note...it looks like you have the 0.875" screws in the bottom holes in the Bolt-Up plate. There are 2x 0.75" screws for the bottom, and 4x 0.875" screws for the upper holes.

Noticed the bottom screws were a bit proud of the rail, but did NOT notice 2 different length screws. That has now been fixed. Thanks!
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GIFFMANN View Post
    I think it would work very well without the VFG. I have a non-offset VLTOR mount on my other upper and without the VFG, I can reach it, but my thumb falls more naturally above the axis of the rail, right where the DD mount would put it.

Giff
    Excellent. I'll put this item on my "to buy" list.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GIFFMANN View Post

Giff

ive tried offset setups like this at the 11 or 1 oclock positions and felt that they clutter my field of vision.

Feedback Score
    Giff, what does the whole rig weigh?

The Micro looks like THE setup I must say.

Good stuff bro

If someone could teach me how to properly pin a gas block, I'd be tempted to do something similar to my 10.5 somewhere down the road. Set screws and locktite don't really blow my skirt up
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll try to get some weights in the next few days.

The VLTOR gas block already has a "dimple" where you could pin the block. Just takes a drill press, some good measurements and a pin. You could always use some black loktite or something on the pin as well. Other option is something I've seen Denny or ADCO do where you drill deeper for the set screw and actually screw it into the barrel.

The gas bock I'm using is the VLTOR clamp on. Under the rail, I'm not too worried about any impacts or anything.

Giff
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234